Thread: has anyone heard of D&R replicars??

has anyone heard of D&R replicars??

Hi to everyone,has anybody heard of this company?they are on the east coast just outside of Philadelphia(for us eastcoast builders)I live In New Jersey so to go pick up a body from these guys would be a great savings!!!BUT does any know of the quality of there bodies or have any bad stories???how about any good stories???If youd like to check there site they are at: kitcardreams.com
    Any help would be great!!

Re: has anyone heard of D&R replicars??

I have no first hand knowledge of their product but I have always considered them repudible and of good quality. At least, that's what I've heard.

Ask D&R for references.

DKOV -

I have heard nothing but good things from D&R. I understand kit quality is of a high standard as well. I would definately consider them.

Shaddoe has the most direct experience with them. They are certainly in the top 3 to consider. I saw the roadster a couple of months ago and the body was really nicely finished. They have been around a long time and their kits have been splashed by other companies over the years. They have some new molds that are improved over the old ones. They are at www.kitcardreams.com, also check out my personal favorite, www.exoticreplicacars.com , you can go through my build at http://www.kitcentral.com/cgi-bin/sh...i?builderid=53

Well thank you DKOV,Diablo-dallas,and Janice ho,I was alittle unsure at first but I feel better now.We all here on this forum are trying to find ways to cut our cost BUT not be cheap or settle for poor quality!!So to find a company on the east coast and have them be a very good company is a plus.They really get you for the shipping from Cali. to New Jersey(its atleast a thousand plus)ouch!!!This way I can pick it up myself .Well thanks again guys.

Hello All. I'm new to the site, just wanted to say Hi. I researched buying my body for over a year before deciding on D&R. Shaddoe, and I are one of the first ones to receive their new Roadster kit. The body looks fantastic. You can tell a great deal of thought, and attention to detail went into it by Rick. They had 8 or 9 cars at the Carlisle show this past year, and they all looked first class. I would recommend their kits to anyone.

I built a D&R 25th anniv Countach a few years ago. I considered it to be one of the best kits available at the time, at least on the east coast. The new bodies have many improvements. I just have to repeat what LS1Diablo said, You can tell a great deal of thought, and attention to detail went into it by Rick. I live about 15 minutes from D&R, so I get to stop in and see what's going on at the shop now and then.

Man guys you are giving me such great feed back on D&R!!they sound like a great company.IM really happy about this.My first car is going to be a diablo and I didnt know who to go with.IFG looks great but they are soooooooooo far from New Jersey.So the cost on shipping would be crazy!!!BUT now that I found this grewat company on the east couast I can pick up my body for a much better price.Hey Rockcrawl how far outside of Philadephia is D&R???

They were in Kintnersville when I bought mine, but they moved to a bigger shop in Allentown a few years ago. It's about an hour north of Philly.

D&R is tops when it comes to their kits and parts that are in their kits. D&R now has three official build shops and we are always there to answer questions if you are unable to get Rick on the phone when you have a question. I know from experience that sometimes things come up and you need an answer to something so you can move on to something else and you can't get the supplier on the shone so you have to shut it down. Its hard to move to something else because that particular problem eats away at you. I would say that if you are looking for a really good kit that you can actually finish then D&R and North American are the two tops in the industry.
    www.exoticglass1.com