Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: brand new z06 corvette engine for my lambo and ferrari replica!

brand new z06 corvette engine for my lambo and ferrari replica!

im currently in the market now for a lambo or ferrari kit and its going to be a turnkey . one that meets my high standards . i want a fully done interior as well. it will be around 90k-100k. plus i want speed and power as well. i will order a new 2006 z06 engine for the power. money is not a problem for me . the power of this engine is more powerful than a real diablo,murcielago,ferraris,ford gt40s,and vipers. so any suggestions on a build such as this?i want the do,s and dont,s before getting started. ;D

Re: brand new z06 corvette engine for my lambo and ferrari replica!

May I suggest?? If money is no object buy a lambo off Ebay 100K+ and put a Bi-Turbo on it. 900 BHP I know the new LS7 is a good engine but come one.

http://www.lambocars.com/archive/diablo/gemballad.htm
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

if money is no object and u want to spend 100k, what are you wasting ur time with a kit for? get the real thing!

More powerful then a Diablo or murcielago? nnno... your comparing apples and oranges here... Yes the new 427 505 HP is a very impressive engine. As far as I know, know one makes an adapter kit for the 6.0 or 427? I could be wrong. Maybe Archi does make one? the other thing you have to consider, what tyranny are you going to use? I wouldn't recommend the Fiero. It can handle 300 HP and up. But the kind of power and torque your talking about, the first time you dump the clutch or try and spin the tires or over rev it to high you can kiss that trany good buy. The Porsche 650 might be your best choice. But the problem with that is getting it to fit properly. Some people are using the Audi transmissions. But again will those trans even work with the new Z06? Considering that engine is around seventeen grand through GM performance I believe it is, your car will be expansive...

Umm, as far as builds go. There's lots of good builders out there. I don't know where your from but, if your in the states you have lots of options. I know I sound like a broken record here but... If your looking for a real good Countach kit, Euro Works, Easton Armstrong, (Jemco), or Marage UK make probably the best kits on the market. I'm sure there are others but I don't know who... Lots of companies have gotten out of the Countach kits. Probabl because they can make more money selling Diablo kits..

If you are looking for Diablo kit, IFG makes real decent ones but I do know they have had a few complaints about them... If you go to Euro Works web site, www.euroworks.ltd they have a list of car builders on there.In Canada Ron's Toy Store in BC makes really good looking Diablo roadsters or coups. How ever his cars even with a V-8 carberated is something like seventy eight or seventy nine grand US for a turn key. but the guys good! I've seen his diablo roadster and sat in it. He's extremely keen on detail. Really good quality work.

he doe's not have an adapter kit for the LS motors. other then that, I really don't know what to tell you. Do a lot of researching on the net. talk to professional builders like Total Performance in North Carolina. Ask for Berry. He's a real good guy to talk to. There also on Euro Works web site for builders. From the pictures I've seen they make very decent Diablo's and Countaches. Of course a picture's a picture... make sure once you find a builder, go down to there shop providing there in the middle of a current build and check it out in person. you can't just go by a picture. Because the real thing could end up NOT looking like the picture at all. And beware of fly by night kit car companies. K I'm done... hope some of this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by illuder
    if money is no object and u want to spend 100k, what are you wasting ur time with a kit for? get the real thing!
    That's a good point. to bad though the real thing is still way more expensive... Well the newer ones any way. The other thing, a real one must be big $$$ to service. but hey if money's no problem? :

wow, thanks for so much useful info, but let me revise my earlier statement about money not an issue, it is an issue. i dont want to go over 120k. thats my limit. as for getting the real deal .no i will not because of the high end repairs and insurance cost. and not being able to drive it much. i want a kit because i want to drive it hard and not worried about repairs. if i need a new engine every few years , thats fine . i will just get a new chevy engine and thats that. its still a whole lot cheaper than real lambo repairs. by the way the high end kits are very detail and nice looking. thanks for such helpful info. *

if i were you i would go for a noble M12 GTO. twin turbo ford engine, unique looks and awsome performance, as well as a cheap but high performance engine. you can guy the M12 with no engine and fit your own, but it also means you can buy a drivetrain if you need another.

they cost about $55k to $85k depending on options and drivetrain. it's also fully legal, comes with a great interior, and it handles like few cars out there.
    it can also take any v8 you can throw at it.

alternatively, there's the ultima but people are not always in love with the looks of it. it holds the world record for 0mph-100mph-0mph beating the mclaren F1 by something like 2 seconds (the world record holding car used a pretty standard chevy 350 engine with some performance parts)

really, at that price range, you don't want ferrari legal problems or lambo replica problems (still pretty expensive parts, problematice door hinges and glass problems, etc).
    they look great for sure, but you may have a hard time justifying the costs in the end.

also, a noble m12 and the ultima sell like crazy in the US, they disappear from ebay in 3 or 4 days!

Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Based on his comments I believe he has engine picked out. He said he wants a turnkey kit. P.S. If you have not heard a 2006 Z06 Your missing one of the most beautiful sounds ever to come out of a car. I understand why he chose it.

Quote Originally Posted by kitcarguy15
    wow, thanks for so much useful info, but let me revise my earlier statement about money not an issue, it is an issue. i dont want to go over 120k. thats my limit. as for getting the real deal .no i will not because of the high end repairs and insurance cost. and not being able to drive it much. i want a kit because i want to drive it hard and not worried about repairs. if i need a new engine every few years , thats fine . i will just get a new chevy engine and thats that. its still a whole lot cheaper than real lambo repairs. by the way the high end kits are very detail and nice looking. thanks for such helpful info. *
    I am sure if you look hard enough , you will find a salvage Ferrari or Lambo, fix it up and around 150k, you'll have a genuine status car...I was reading the CAR magazine, they mention htat the Mercedes SL600 is by far the best value for money in speed and status..consider that....much less hassles, car with warranty etc... it's much more than 120k, but hey, it's genuine!

www.f40.co.nz
    www.ddrmotorsport.com

U can also buy the real thing with a broken engine and install the z06 engine...