Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR2 to F40

Re: MR2 to F40

Certainly NOT in the USA...

Better look in the UK....they seem to specialize in MR2 related kits....

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

theres no reason why it wouldnt be in the USA, there's plenty fo mr2's here. i own one.

it's hard to tell what year mr2 that one is for, but here's a kit that was made for the 1st gen (1984 to 1989)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

it's a 2nd gen, check out the quarter windows. thats 1990-1998.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

The first set of pics are a Fiero Factory MR4T. I believe it started as a Fiero based kit & one of their customers had them put it onto an MR2. They are now marketing the car & info packs have been on ebay.

I think the MR2 is a good base for the F40 replica, but the moulds for this car need modifying to be a bit more realistic. A big problem is the rear screen which always seems to melt! Oh & the fact the 4cyl looks a little lost in there!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Look at this replica.. this guy used to make turnkeys and sell for 150k $ the basic turnkey, but the car is perfect, u cant say its a replica www.f40.co.nz

i'm guessing the melting engine covers are due to using plexiglass and not lexan. lexan will stand heat much much better than plexi and it's UV resistant. it's alot more expensive and harder to make so it wouldn't be surprising if they slipped in plexiglass instead of lexan to get better return on investment :-\

gawd, F40's look ugly and dated! ;D :

id take an F40 over an F430, i like it more

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

i love the F40 also ,it was the last car design ENZO was involved in before he went to the big RACE TRACK above an it will always be one of the first street legal Twin Turbo Racers , i would like to have them both (430 f40 ) AutoMX ,an if i did a replica it would have a 3" stretch on the rear ,maybe moving the cradle back like Funnywheels did his 355 :P
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!