Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any kits for a NSX?

Any kits for a NSX?

Just wondering if there are any kits for the NSX out there.* I heard about a project called the MC14 (McLaren replica) awhile ago that used an NSX as the donor, but havent heard if its been finished or not.*

Thanks.

Re: Any kits for a NSX?

no but there should be,its a badass car,but they sure are expensive just to use fore a donor,but i wish i could afford to.i have some nsx parts that ive took off insurance wrecks,ive repaired 2 in the last couple of years,the bodies are aluminum.anfd they are real fun cars to drive

aconcepts

yes we are still working on it we have many projects going now but getting them done one by one

Thanks aconcept. Please let me know when its finished. I think a lot of people are really anxious.

I agree with you Mike. I think the NSX would be a cool donor. I think it fits all the qualifications: old models are pretty cheap now (one on ebay for 6K), are daily drivers, easy to find (in the US), easy for repairs, have a ton of upgrade options, and they are much more fun to drive than an MR2, fiero, or Peugeot. I hope someone uses an NSX as a donor soon. Maybe Extreme will do one..nudge nudge.

common, like the NSX F50 hasnt been seen enough
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

gota pic on nsx F50?

Quote Originally Posted by dj
    Thanks aconcept.* Please let me know when its finished.* I think a lot of people are really anxious.

I agree with you Mike.* I think the NSX would be a cool donor.* I think it fits all the qualifications: old models are pretty cheap now (one on ebay for 6K), are daily drivers, easy to find (in the US), easy for repairs, have a ton of upgrade options, and they are much more fun to drive than an MR2, fiero, or Peugeot.*

I have yet to see an NSX go for $6K unless it's a TOTAL WRECK....Even the engine alone is worth more money than that.....NSX are not plentiful in the USA....Or I should say nobody is selling them below $20K and that's for a total junker, high mileage car....They typically go for around $40K in good conidtion...It's an expensive exotic to use for a replica platform....Build a custom chassis and engine instead for less money of an NSX.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

I can see the NSX or Boxster being a good base for a kit car. But now that custom chassis using Corvette suspension are popping up all over the place for around ten grand, I would go custom. Sure the NSX is great (as long as you do not mind replacing rear tires every 5k miles) and the Boxster is a wonderful car, but going full custom opens the doors to any powertrain. The aftermarket for both the NSX and Porsche is expensive. As we all know, there is no cheaper HP than the American V8s. With the Factory Five Racing GTM comming out soon, I see the high end kit car industry going to a custom chassis setup.

in custom chassis, the finishing touches cost alot of money, not including the basic interior :-\
    there are many advantages, particularly to the powertrain, but it comes at a price.