Thread: Countach on Ebay

Countach on Ebay

Hi,
    I am planning to purchase the Countach from Jeff Gonzaless (Albuquerque, NM) and would like to know if anyone knows the history of the kit. It is a targa countach (strech version). I have never heard of a targa countach so it is kind of new territory for me. Any information regarding this kit would be appreciated. He mentioned that he bought the kit from a guy in Texas who had a mounted on a non-streched fiero frame... Any information would be great. Also, I am having difficulty finding a shipping company that will transport the kit - to big... any recommendation...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Re: Countach on Ebay

Since its just the fibreglass it could be just about anyones kit. Mac's, Euroworks, IFG, Exotic Enterprises, Armstrong's, etc. The targa part is simply that someone has cut the roof out.

This will be an even harder build then a regular countach. You have to reinforce the windshield *somehow* and you have to reinforce the side glass, *somehow*.

That being said, it has been done before, there was a targa in one of the kit car mags more than a few years ago. The guy chopped the roof out to give him more head room :0) He used swirly plexiglass half windows in the sides.

You will have to be extra careful reinforcing the bottom of the fiero and making a cradle like undercarriage to handle the stresses or else it will fold up like a tin can.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

derwin,
    thanks for the information.... Hope the transaction goes without problems...
    Wish me luck....

This is for Larrybud:
    Yeap, I am getting into the kitcar again...It's like a drug, can't get the feeling out of me. Hope you can give me useful hints how to make the headlights work and the rear decklid/front hood installation... I am going to be counting on you a lot... How's my ex-25th Annivesary countach coming up? Any pictures???

Thanks...

HI all,

The targa aspect of a countach would be waaaaayyyyy cool!!!
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

KoenigTR,,,,,,,,,, My Oh My,,,,, Your wife must be ready to kill you by now? Your old, old car is coming along. Too many vacations and the tons of work on the doors has really slowed me down. I have finally started to update my imagestation page. Here is the link to it. http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=4291295453 My 12 year old daughter has been sanding on it every now and then. She wants me to get something done to the interior to make it look like progress is being made. I'm not a big fan of the Targa. I did see one online somewhere that was finished. It looked cool but you definetely will have to put in windshield supports. I'll search around for the pics again and post here. Good Luck on the new project!! 8)

Larry,
    It is my x-mas gift from her.... I will keep you posted of my progress.
    do you have the old wheels and adaptors?
    Regards,
    Andrew

:'( Sorry,,,, I sold them to a guy up in Wisconsin a couple of years ago. Keep us updated on the project! 8)

Larry,

I would like to ask you for a favor. My wing came without the pedestal and I am planning to fabricated them using either aluminum or plastic. However, I do not know the exact shape of the pedestal. I was wondering if you could trace the side view of the pedestal of your wing in a paper and send it to me.

Thanks,
    Andrew...