Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW KIT OUT: Miata to Mustang'Classic' !!

NEW KIT OUT: Miata to Mustang'Classic' !!

http://m1stang.com/

Phew, now i see new kits being released!! It's not badly priced too! and it uses a good and cheap donor!

Re: NEW KIT OUT: Miata to Mustang'Classic' !!

At least it's all sheet metal. I could see alot of Mustang fans cringing at the very idea of this kit.

Actually the MiStang has benn around for about 3 years,the Nov2002 issue of Kit Car Builder has a good article about it!!! :
    Mike

thayts great, do you know the prices?

The 2002 article says $5995 for the kit,or $9995 completely installed on your Miata in Primer!!
    Mike ???

Quote Originally Posted by MADMIKE
    The 2002 article says $5995 for the kit,or $9995 completely installed on your Miata in Primer!!
    Mike ???
    hmm..i think thats too much

Conversion Prices Start At
    $12999.00 Plus Tax and Your Miata Donor Car
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

This is pretty ridiculous. It's gotta be a real dry sarcastic joke by a Ferrari owner poking fun at us Feiroarri guys. Who would want a Miata Mustang? (Well, who would want a Pontiac Ferrari?!)

I mean, it looks nice, and I'm not knocking the builder, I don't know them, but a classic Mustang kit for a Miata?

If I'm going to buy a Miata for a couple of grand, then pay $12K to have it look like a classic 'Stang, I might as well buy a nice actual 1960s Mustang for a couple grand and then put 12 Grand into it and have a very cherry classic. Or, hell, why not just take the whole 18-20 Grand you might spend and buy the really cherry classic car outright.

It seems to me the reason you buy a kit is (1) you want to do-it-yourself and have something cool to show for it, or (2) you want something you can't get any other way, like a 250,000 super car. I think this kit misses on both points.

This kit might be cool if it took 1990s Mustangs and gave them the true classic look with all safety features of today, or it might even be cool to turn a 1980s Vette into a classic Stingray, but a Miata into 'Stang...?

if the kit was for $995 + the lights and accessories for about $300, then its worth the project. A classic Mustang is just not worth the maount of labour put into it.

I think your missing the major point of this kit. The Mustang never sold as a two seat roadster. This looks like a mustang but is a lot smaller and will handle a lot better than a 60's mustang ever could. Did I mention it's a Two Seater? Plus a V8 conversion (Monster Miata) would put it into Cobra territory.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.