Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a new f40 kit? Yes or no poll

Anyone interested in a new f40 kit? Yes or no poll

Hey thanks for reading,just like to ask a question,if a new f40 kit that was affordable and a correct looking(in all sizes and
    measurents)came out,would you be interested?
    Give us a quick yes or no and lets see what happens
    after that il give more details

Re: Anyone interested in a new f40 kit? Yes or no poll

If it were built on a tube chassis and not a Fiero, with a good V8 and custom built suspension, with working glass and close attention to fit and finish.. there would be allot of people calling you. So yes
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

YES!!

Quote Originally Posted by EEExotic
    If it were built on a tube chassis and not a Fiero, with a good V8 and custom built suspension, with working glass and close attention to fit and finish.. there would be allot of people calling you. So yes
    why not a fiero? is it to small? ???

No;

I think for the money, I would go with a fully custom one off concept car or scratch built.

kitcarguy15:* Fieros are getting pretty old and you end up working around more stuff on a Fiero than you do using the chassis I have found.* A nice well designed tube frame is the way to go for the next build for me. I would be interested in the frame though as you can build an body around a nice frame.

Good Luck f40builder.

Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Great car ..I would buy one ( with correct dimensions and all that u know like this replica www.f40.co.nz )

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    No;

I think for the money, I would go with a fully custom one off concept car or scratch built.

kitcarguy15:* Fieros are getting pretty old and you end up working around more stuff on a Fiero than you do using the chassis I have found.* A nice well designed tube frame is the way to go for the next build for me.* I would be interested in the frame though as you can build an body around a nice frame.

Good Luck f40builder.

Don
    Now that was a great looking car just to much money.

If you could get a set of moulds of that with custom frame but a cheaper running gear as I think thatís where all the money went I think it would make a great kit.

All the F40 kits I have seen all have issues with the front, to flat or to stubby.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

YES!

It has to be authentic/correct looking but most importantly it has to be AFFORTABLE.....Just make and sell the body panels and forget about the mechanicals....Everyone has own ideas on what chassis and engine/trany to use as a donor. Let them worry about that....

Best of luck

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    No;

kitcarguy15:* Fieros are getting pretty old and you end up working around more stuff on a Fiero than you do using the chassis I have found.* A nice well designed tube frame is the way to go for the next build for me.* I would be interested in the frame though as you can build an body around a nice frame.

Good Luck f40builder.

Don
    are you talking about using all the fiero original parts? what if you strip the rest and use just the frame on the fiero? i thought builders always dump all the old fiero parts and replace all the rest with new parts except with the fiero frame. ???

yes!

only if it is on a newer model donor, such as a toyota mr2 mark 2, or mazda mx 6, huyndai tiburon and the sort...i know the sizes are too small, but any donor except a fierro and tube chassis (too pricey).