Thread: To anyone building a watson berlinetta.............

To anyone building a watson berlinetta.............

HI all,

I too am thinking of taking the plunge and going with a hardtop, and like all of you I have questions... One that is on my mind most is about the usage of MR2 rear glass...... I am not sure if 355's ever came with a rear window defroster, and don't really care to know.... My question is: To use the mr2 glass can you hook up the defroster?? lol..... Did the car ever even have that option?? Just thought of that right now...lol.....I Should look it up..........
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: To anyone building a watson berlinetta.............

the 90's MR2 MK2 (SW20 model #) has the similarly curved glass. it does have the defrosters and if it's anything like my 89 MR2, hooking up the defroster should only take a little plug on each side and bam you're done :P
    i'm pretty sure the real 355 had a defroster, it's more of a safety feature than some luxury thing, and they do ice test the cars. it's not like it adds weight either..
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Do you know how much $$ is the rear MR2 curved glass??? Any sources besides eBay??

Thanks

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

through the owners club, i got estimates about $100 to $175. if you really are serious i can look into it again.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Hi all,

To those with the hardtop watson kit, do you have any side shots that you could post for me?? Looking mostly for the area behind the seats and between the rear glass........With the kit mounted of course....... :P MERRY X-MAS!!!!!
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Quote Originally Posted by goyal99
    Do you know how much $$ is the rear MR2 curved glass???* Any sources besides eBay??

Thanks

VK
    I searched throughout Florida one winter I was down there. There were not a lot of them avail. I bought one at a salvage yard in Cocoa beach for $125. Be sure if you phone around the yards that they understand which generation MR2 you are talking about. The earlier ones were flat and are a dime-a-dozen.
    Also consider the work in mounting such a glass. It has a much more forward slant to it than the original ferrari glass and in my case used up some of the space for the headrests as you recline your seat back. I had to use the glass itself as a mold to made an adapter panel [fiberglass] to get it to fit the car. Hard on the nerves pulling "glass" of of glass!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

Quote Originally Posted by pavo_rodddy
    Hi all,

To those with the hardtop watson kit, do you have any side shots that you could post for me??* Looking mostly for the area behind the seats and between the rear glass........With the kit mounted of course....... :P* * * * * * * * * * * * * MERRY X-MAS!!!!!
    Hi all,

Just a friendly bump................