Thread: avenger - gt40 parts site?

avenger - gt40 parts site?

Have a chance to pick up a good condition Avenger with everything minus the engine, transmission, lights, and gauges. Does anyone know of a site where I could pick up the lights for a decent price? I'm looking more for the square GT 40 (mkII I think?) square headlights. Any help on this matter or advice from someone who's built one already would be great.

Re: avenger - gt40 parts site?

have you tried an auto store like PepBoys, Autozone, Kragen, etc..? they usually have plenty of lights,and you can bring in a template to decide the right size lights.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

tried autozone and advance autoparts, didnt seem to have anything that looked right or would fit correctly. Even if I can find the headlights theres the matter of the glass coevrs for the lights, and I'm tryin to avoid making homebuilt, hackjob plexiglass covers. Which is why I'm really hoping to find a site that makes some of these parts.

http://www.fiberfab.us/
    The original manufacturer still has some parts including free downloads of the manuals. I just picked up a pair of the headlight covers from them. If I'm not mistaken fiero headlight are square hi/lo's. What motor are you going to be putting in it?

thanks for the info on the headlights, my friend actually mentioned something about fiero headlights and I told him he was nuts :-\. I'm hoping to make this into a daily driver, so I don't want a monstrosity of a v8 (I don't have that kind of money for gas). I'm either going with a corvair engine, or a VW longblock like this one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-en...QQcmdZViewItem