Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is a BAD not a BAD

When is a BAD not a BAD

When it's this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Guys claiming that this is the car that was on Top Gear.

This is the car that was on Top Gear, and I know this because he's a friend of mine.

[/img]

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Re: When is a BAD not a BAD

i contacted the guy selling the top one and told him it wasn't a BAD kit, he didin't know, he was told it was a BAD kit not a roy kelly and probablly paid a bit more than its worth, a roy kelly kit can be built for about 9,000 or less.
    there was a few dodgy kits about that claim to be BAD, most of them have roy kelly aftermarket lights, badges, door sills and alloys as roy would supply anyone these items.

roy kelly kits just slap the point of having a 355 replica in the face...lol they are ugly!

are they still in business?

i would put the 355 kits in this order of accuracy
    1.extreme
    2. BAD gen2
    3. roy kelly gen 3
    4. fiero factory
    the extreme and bad are about the same price give or take, then fiero factory, then roys kit

but fierro factory's is a one piece...50x more difficult to fit. :-\
    i wish they could make a 355 kit to fit another donor...
    withthe 360 kit out, the 355 kits prices should drop..

Quote Originally Posted by illuder
    but fierro factory's is a one piece...50x more difficult to fit. :-\
    i wish they could make a 355 kit to fit another donor...
    withthe 360 kit out, the 355 kits prices should drop..
    fiero factory 355 kits arnt one piece, its about 15 piece, it was designed to go on the fiero first then adapted for the mr2
    as for the 355 kit prices to drop, i think theres enough competion in the uk for that market to cover all budgets, you get what oyu pay for!

prices be dropping but i know they won't for a few months....even with the 360 kit out, its availability is low in the u.s.
    i haven't seen a lot of them on ebay...hopefully they will be appearing soon
    I'm hoping someone will produce a 550 kit although i have no idea of a donor no seriously i don't. i was thinking a supra, but who's going to buy one for 30 grand and rip it apart?

Quote Originally Posted by speedster11
    prices be dropping but i know they won't for a few months....even with the 360 kit out, its availability is low in the u.s.
    i haven't seen a lot of them on ebay...hopefully they will be appearing soon
    I'm hoping someone will produce a 550 kit although i have no idea of a donor no seriously i don't. i was thinking a supra, but who's going to buy one for 30 grand and rip it apart?
    this has been discussed in another post, automx put up blueprint lay over a 550 and a supra, pretty close too

the big problem is this:

- the supra is a good performance car so it costs alot and is quite rare in the US or basically anywhere outside of japan

- someone looking for a replica would have to pay for the supra + body kit + work installing +wheels + paint + taillights + headlights
    thats not cheap, probably some $55 000 USD in the end if labor is CHEAP

that still leaves a stock interior. for $15k or less, a stock interior (especially a modern one like supra) would be perfectly fine, but at $55 000, people will want an exact leather replica of the interior or something way cool and custom. if you think about it, you can get a very nice diablo replica for that money (used v8 equipped one for that money, v6 for a new one being built by a good builder) and the diablos will have the full interior job, a partial or even full replica engine cover, and much more.

simply put, a diablo tube chassis with suspension and everything set up for an average build is going to add up to some $13000, an engine can cost alot but a simple setup can go from $7000 to $12 000. in other words, the supra rebody is competing with a ground-up fully engineered car with good and cheap performance.
    anyone who has dealt with highly tuned asian import will know how they are temperamental, they will be cheap and reliable until someone tries to have fun, then it's all unprediactable.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com