Thread: what do you think of this 355 replica

what do you think of this 355 replica

what do you think of this 355 replica the owner thinks its in the best top 3 replicas ever made, but i think its weird especially at the rear

http://hometown.aol.com/bexy3333/rep1.html

Re: what do you think of this 355 replica

Hi all,

Other than the fact that it looks to tall from the rear perspective, I have to say it's a nice looking kit....Esp. for an Mr2.............
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

ya.................. something just does not look right................. ???

this kit is was a ifg or "rock" car imported to the uk to go on the fiero,then adapted to fit the mr2, its allways for sale on ebay saying how its better than all the other kits out there. the seller sometimes has good replica stickers to go with it though, he also sells engine covers and folding wing mirrors regularly on ebay too.
    he also wants top dollar for it too

from the rear it looks tall and narrow? ???

the car looks like a widebody 355, but the middle bit is too narrow. still, it's weird but not that bad. i don't know what the quality is like or anything there but i guess it would be great for a fair price, though it doesnt seem the guy sells cheap :-\
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

looks nice, but im starting not to like MR2 355 replicas, i think the fiero is still the better way to go...
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&amp;s=x4

the thing is that the mr2 is unibody and cant "just" be modified to fit the body unlike the more versatile fiero. sure the mr2 is a much "better" car in general terms (more reliable, better gas mileage, more power, same weight, blah) but that's mostly due to the engine setup used, the unibody really cant be messed around with so the body needs to be adjusted to the car.
    thats why i give these MR2 based 355 or F40 replicas alot of credit, they mostly work even though they hide the mr2's bubbly/round shape.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com