Thread: Rock Auto . com

Rock Auto . com

Has anyone any experiance using this company???

I am looking at ordering a full set of fiero calipers from them, along with some shockers and a few bushes etc for my 308.
    I am in the U.K. so I dont want to have to send anything back or for the stuff to be poor quality as the postage & customs tax will make up approx 50/60% of the cost.

Any comments on them anyone??
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Re: Rock Auto . com

I have used them for parts for my Chevy Trucks and had no problems at all. I think you will be fine with them. Customs Duties are a bit high in the UK for new parts. What about used parts or does it go on an assigned value?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I bought pig tails from them with no problems. My only complaint is with searching the web page. If you do not enter in a car, it does not work well.

Looks like they could be o.k. then.

What is the difference between a Raybestos and A1 Cardone?? I presume they are just different companies?

The A1 cardone comes out at $24 for a front caliper with installation hardware.

Actually seems really cheap!

There is no way you could get any caliper, even a remanufactured one over here for that kind of price. Pity postage & the robbing b4st4rd goverment import tax put the price up so much!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

try www.usedfierroparts.com , david, I've bought from him before, for parts, he's an ok guy and he'll sell you genuine parts if you request it.

i used top use the fiero store , they used to send the parts fast, good price etc, sometimes used to arrive before things i ordered in the uk!

Only problem with fierostore is the price. Their core charge is $30 per caliper (postage & damage to one means I cant send mine back) & the caliper itself is much more expensive.

For a set of 4 calipers the fierostore comes in at $440 excluding postage

Rock auto comes in at $260 excluding post

I was just trying to work out thow they can do it so much cheaper & whether going for the cheaper ones is going to turn out to be false economy.