Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice: trade in

advice: trade in

I seen this 2004 BLACK BMW 645ci convertable (fully loaded,sat nav etc) in a showroom today, 11 000km. I'm considering trading in my 2003 Silver Mercedes-Benz CLK32 AMG convertable with 25 000km (fully loaded, sat nav etc) on it... The BMW is about $34k more, but in beautiful condition... what do you think? shall I trade it or stay with my Merc? The BMW is faster, the Merc has more prestige...tough choice, need opinions! :-\

Re: advice: trade in

You'll have to decide what car is better for you.. Both are awesome vehicles.. When you said "trade in" did you really mean you are going to take what they offer you from the dealership? Go to WWW.KBB.com and see the difference between retail, private owner and trade in value.. its pretty amazing.. same car but the price does up and down. Bottm line if you can sale the car before you get your new one you'll be much happier.. good luck
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

kbb.com is USA details.. :-\ I'm in Sunny South Africa,
    I guess ur right, I'll try and sell the car privately, then negotiate a deal on the 645ci... dunno who can buy a car like that provately, i'll probably be swamped with dealers calling me since they're in short supply..

kitcarnut

my brother inlaw had one (645) fast yes, gas ;D dollar per lt. Can. it cost him 200$ a week just to make 35K km a year.
    now he bought Porsche Cayene that SUV thing . not as bad for gas and lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by illuder
    kbb.com is USA details.. :-\ I'm in Sunny South Africa,
    I guess ur right, I'll try and sell the car privately, then negotiate a deal on the 645ci... dunno who can buy a car like that provately, i'll probably be swamped with dealers calling me since they're in short supply..

I should have looked up your location.. but you're right.
    If that car is in short supply it'll be that much easier to get top dollar out of it or atleast what its really worth.. best of luck.

I would have the AMG any day over the BMW.I like the BMW but the AMG like you say prestige!

yeah, i guess I'll keep it... wife just reminded me that I've got two garages, hosting her Megane2 and my AMG,need to build/rent 2 more for the IRA360 and the Extreme360/peugeot... :-\
    besides, she rather have me spending on ( i just got the list)
    1- new dishwasher
    2- new clothes dryer
    3- bedroom suite for the guest bedroom
    4- new curtains for the lounge...
    ...and it goes on...
    man, how can they come up with such a long list within minutes!!

A little bit of an older example but I went from my SL 500 to a 2002 BMW M5 which is my daily driver still. *(My brother is a BMW guy and "convinced me"). *

My advice: *Stay with your Benz. *There is no comparison. *The ride of my 540, the interior noise level and overall lack of smooth feel, the cheap interior appointments (breaking cupholders and crappy climate control / radio buttons are just like my 98 528). *A coworkers 2005 545 is the same way.

I had a 91 300CE and that was actually a much better car than my current 540!

I'll be back to the Benz the next time around. *Don't get me wrong. *The BMW's are very nice cars, the ride is nice but I tell everyone the same thing.

BMW's are nice but "they're no Benz"

It's not like comparing a C-class to a 5 or 6 series BMW. *Of course in that case, I'd say go with the BMW, it's a step up but for 5 series and over, they just don't compare to what you have. *I'm a little too young yet for a 7 series so I can't comment on them. *I will say however, the 645's are fantastic looking cars.

Just my .02

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

just called my friend (car dealer)...he wasnt too impressed...23:22 here!!* ;D

...in his sleep he still managed to swear at me and say I'm mad if i give up my benz for anything else except a Bentley or Ferrari...and he's got a 98 Bentley there in his showroom...

bloody salesman, he sells in his sleep!!* :P

Quote Originally Posted by illuder
    yeah, i guess I'll keep it... wife just reminded me that I've got two garages, hosting her Megane2 and my AMG,need to build/rent 2 more for the IRA360 and the Extreme360/peugeot... :-\
    besides, she rather have me spending on ( i just got the list)
    1- new dishwasher
    2- new clothes dryer
    3- bedroom suite for the guest bedroom
    4- new curtains for the lounge...
    ...and it goes on...
    man, how can they come up with such a long list within minutes!!*

Give any woman a chance to build a list and they will blow your mind! atleast this way she can share the new items..