Thread: body year

body year

looking to soon start again my project of a 355, but last time i was determined to use an 88gt. Anyone recommend anything different? maybe any body 84-87? what do you think? I plan to completely redo all brakes and suspension and use wide track front and rear with a 3.4 v6. Just looking for help from all you experts. Thanks.

Mike

Re: body year

save your money and buy 87 on down

thanks, anyone know if i'll need an 88 engine cradle for that 3.4? DKOV was the guy I talked to most about this since he had done it, but I can't seem to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by zxmike
    looking to soon start again my project of a 355, but last time i was determined to use an 88gt.* Anyone recommend anything different? maybe any body 84-87?* what do you think?* I plan to completely redo all brakes and suspension and use wide track front and rear with a 3.4 v6.* Just looking for help from all you experts.* Thanks.

Mike
    If you're replacing everything a '88 would come with anyways go with the other years. Where are you located? I've got a '87 and '84 for sale
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

thanks, anyone know if i'll need an 88 engine cradle for that 3.4?* DKOV was the guy I talked to most about this since he had done it, but I can't seem to remember.
    The '84-'87 will work fine..

in washington state, you?

in washington state, you?

Salt Lake City Utah.. If you can't find anything local we should look into cost of delivery. They are both
    rust free and have not been cut or bumped.. very clean to start with.

I have family in boise, ID, and am there often, SLC isn't but another 4hrs..hehe. i could trailer it. Might be a bit however, pm me we can talk.

I have an 84 Fiero I'm using for my kit. When I first began the project, I was looking to do a 4.9 Cadillac engine swap, and planned to contract that out. I don't recall the specifics, but I remember talking to a couple different companies, neither of which wanted to touch the wiring, specifically because it was a 1984 model year. I beleive the actaul wiring diagram is mainly the same, but the location of the connectors at the firewall is different, and I think the main harness is routed a little differently. Honestly, I don't really understand what their problem was, but if you had the choice, it may be worth opting for something other than an 84.