Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27G

Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27G

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F355-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Just call it the perfect scale model :

Re: Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27G

A nice opportunity for someone with some spare cash!

The only problem I see is trying to get a title for this Ferrari....In NY it will be difficult but other states might be easier....This is a re-list on eBay - the first time the bidding stopped at $24K....

Some of the folks in here have spend more than that on body mods and paint alone on their replicas, so this car is a great opportunity for someone who's looking to build an "authentic" F355....Then plug a twin-turbo muscle engine and trany in it and go racing...

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Re: Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27G

That car was on eBay last week and it was only bid up to about $25K. Something looks wrong with the rocker panels to me.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27

Quote Originally Posted by superstang460
    That car was on eBay last week and it was only bid up to about $25K. Something looks wrong with the rocker panels to me.

Good Eye Bob..

The swoop in the lower air vent atleast on the driver side has been damaged and the door doesn't hang square. "it sags". the shape is all wrong and if you look close at the second to the last pic in the auction there is red paint on the back side of the mirror mount. in the door jamb and up the fire wall. Also yellow overspray on the right side spring mount in the engine compartment pic. IMO the car was damaged during the use and making of the movie, does anyone know what color the car in the movie was? I tried running a carfax on it and it came back with invalid VIN#. I emailed the owner.. lets see what he says. Were there any car on the train tracks scenes in the movie??
    :

UPDATE:
    Email received... Yes, Carfax does not work on a lot of European cars especially proto types and special models.* This is the exact condition if came from from EON productions at Pinewood Studios.

It would be worth looking at in person.. "see if you can see any train marks on the side "
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

What I love about that eBay ad is, the picture of the redneck looking dude pushing the Ferrari in front of his single wide moblie home!! How often does that happpen!! ;D

I too noticed the rocker, but if i wasn't up to my neck into my 355 replica I might seriously think about hitting the buy it now on this car.

-Chris

The car in the film was Yellow so that much is a fact.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Re: Ferrari f355 Berlinetta complete body minus motor on the bay. buy it now $27

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    What I love about that eBay ad is, the picture of the redneck looking dude pushing the Ferrari in front of his single wide moblie home!!* * How often does that happpen!! ;D
    10K house and 30K car in the driveway.. Somethings not right huh. Allot of things don't seem or look to be what they are in that auction.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    I too noticed the rocker, but if i wasn't up to my neck into my 355 replica I might seriously think about hitting the buy it now on this car.

-Chris
    )
    Guys,

I fail to see what you're all talking about the lower rocker panel being damaged....It looks fine to me compared with other F355 cars on eBay....

However, what I do notice is that the roof lines on the car, which indicate this car to be a Targa or a TS and not a true coupe....Just like the roof lines of an MR2/F355 replicas from the UK have...As far as I know there were NO Targa F355 cars ever build - just Spiders and Berlinettas (Coupes). *That's the ONLY obvious external differene I have spotted so far..

Even in the car was repainted or even the door was damaged who gives a crap....If this is a TRUE F355 complete shell with glass, wheels and suspension then this car is CHEAP...I will make the seller an offer if t doesn't sell and will see....I'll keep you posted.

VK
    P.S.* Ooops, I stand corrected:* Yes, there were a few Targa F355 cars build by Ferrari.....So discard the stmt above about the Targa cars.....Thanks for the clarification* AutoMX
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by EEExotic
    Quote Originally Posted by superstang460

Good Eye Bob..

The swoop in the lower air vent atleast on the driver side has been damaged and the door doesn't hang square. "it sags". the shape is all wrong and if you look close at the second to the last pic in the auction there is red paint on the back side of the mirror mount. in the door jamb and up the fire wall. Also yellow overspray on the right side spring mount in the engine compartment pic. IMO the car was damaged during the use and making of the movie, does anyone know what color the car in the movie was? I tried running a carfax on it and it came back with invalid VIN#. I emailed the owner.. lets see what he says. Were there any car on the train tracks scenes in the movie??
    :
    The yellow car is a kit but the one in the movie was red.