that gentleman is located here in Calgary AB
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: blueprints website

i think the price isn't bad, and that it seems pretty complete compared to others out there. as far as accuracy goes, the 3D models used are available on the internet at various prices, but being made for entertainment and visual purposes, who knows how good they are. i know the audi avus was a concept and no plans of any kind were ever released. a guy made one from a photo by eye (and did it well) which is almost certainly what this is based on..

bottom line: pretty cheap, but nomatter who's 3D/plans you use (to be fair, including mine) always do more reasearch and check the quality of the resources before spending the money on the plans or the real life materials for a plug.

it's hard for me to be honnest without it looking like i'm advertising my own work. :P
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

frankly speaking, i feel anyone thinkinf of moulding a plug of a replica is wasting time, effort, and money...it will be much more cost effective to hire the car and pull the mould off it...

it very much depends what you're talking about. a 360 or 355, yes it is not worth it today for the most part unless the body is made to fit another car perfectly. but something new like an F430, or exotic like a carrera GT/enzo/bugatti etc, or something rare like a classic car, it would be either terribly expensive to do if you can even find the car.
    i for one plan to do a 512BBi body on my MR2 and a real set of panels wouldn't help me at all since I'll make it fit my car perfectly. real/copied panels would be a waste of time and money in my case.

it's very easy to say "just go make molds of a ...." but it's alot more complicated and difficult than that. you also can't make proper molds without dismantling the car, which you can't do anyway. making molds takes days, and most exotics are something like $1500 to $2000 a day. in 3 days thats $4500+
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

then also, on the other hand, you get what you pay for, no matter how good a sculptor you are, everyone is still human and it will never be the same, mm for mm as the original, no matter how good the blue print...

as for the F430 etc, nowadays, the world has come to such that any car is accessible...at a price ;D but then you make it up quickly once you have the panels and sell them...look at panel prices today, theres HUGE profit margins, but them , theres a premium being paid for exclusivity :P

well even if the panels are the same as the original, it really wont help you much over something that is within an inch of the original. it's not like you can ever make a replica into the original, it will always be a replica. just look at diablo kits. none of them are 100% accurate yet no one ever notices. if the details and proportions are there, people are happy.

also kits dont sell as quick as you make it seem. sure you can make a fair living from making these all the time but as people have said here many times, you won't ever get rich from kit cars. it's very much a hobby, and some are good enough at business and skilled enough to live off of it.

good diablo kits cost $13000 USD for the body+doors+mirrors+interior+glass+accessories (hinges, lights, grills, etc) and yet they sell pretty slow.
    you would need to sell an new and original body for under $8000 USD to actually sell one after the other. that doesn't leave much room for profit. materials at $1500-$2300, labor, glass and accessories, packing and shipping, etc.. it all adds up.