Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 alloy wheels best size, type, and price

360 alloy wheels best size, type, and price

Am collecting the parts ready to start building one of Extremes 360 replicas any ideas on the best wheels to i know they reccomend BMW 5 stud fixing, Am looking at 18" AZEV ALLOYS front 8.5J rear 10J with tyre sizes 215/45/18 & 275/40/18 which i think look OK priced 1250.00 , if you have any other suggestions please let me know there is a firm in Los Angeles, California United States selling chrome original wheels for 2285$ but shipping would add a further 850$ and not sure if i would have import tax to pay i did manage to buy on Ebay a pair of Original Ferrari 360 seats i now have the donor Peugeot 406 seats and a few other parts

Re: 360 alloy wheels best size, type, and price

I've seen them on Ebay quite a few times for about the same money.. OEM Wheels look better than aftermarket IMO on that car.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

My friend Jan just purchased 2 sets of 360 take offs with new tires on them to use as track tires.*

He paid $1,600 for each set.* Near zero miles on them fron Ted Rutland in Tucker Georgia.* Maybe Ted has more available.*
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

welcome twincam, i hope you can join my site to post pics of your extreme 360 project.
    www.360.illuder.com

As far as I know Extreme is working on getting 360 replica wheels set. By the time you complete your kit, you should have wheels for the car obtainable from Extreme.

Thank you all for the information have a look at these wheels Antera 309 look close to me am checking if they do a 9J or 10J rear theyhave some for sale on ebay item number 8033128382[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by twincam
    Thank you all for the information have a look at these wheels* Antera 309 look close to* me am checking if they do* a 9J or 10J rear theyhave some for sale on ebay item number 8033128382[/b]
    I think the biggest giveaway on a replica is the use of aftemarket alloys. Genuine wheels just add the final finishing touch & since they look right they dont draw attention to themselves & the non genuine looking brakes/spacers behind.

I am regretting going for the aftermarket look for my extreme 355. I bought a set of 19" Jaguar 'custom' alloys before i had got the kit & wish I had waited and gone for the 18" exact replicas that extreme now sells.

The anteras you are looking at have been used on 355 replicas & kind of work but again just draw attention to themselves. The other thing to think about is that no ferrari owner would upgrade their genuines for aftermarket ones the same size. What would be the point? They all go for at least 19's if not bigger.

Now this is my current mad idea........Since we are all quite happy to put fibreglass bodys over our cars why not do the same for the wheels?

Yes i know it sounds daft, but why not use a cheap 5 spoke alloy wheel as the structural part (so far found 18" ones for 450GBP with thin spokes & with tyres!) You then mould from an original 360/355 wheel and use this to effectively produce a wheel trim to go over the alloy. You may think it will be obvious it is a trim, but the only thing that would give it away is being able to see round the edge of the moulding & this is impossible with a wheel. Have you ever seen the back side of your alloy whilst it is on the car? Try it & you will see what i mean.

The result is one set of alloys that look exactly the same as originals & only cost peanuts. Also it has the added advantage that if you ever let the Missus borrow the car & she curbs your 'alloys' you only have to replace the trim or give it a quick bit of body filler and respray!

Ok come on tell me im Mad!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

hmm, the concept is there, but i dont kno whether it is practical, its never been done....whats the opinion of others?

Fake wheel covers can look very good if they are done correct. I had a crew cab dually truck that had "chrome" wheels, until I rotated the tires and found out the chrome covers were in between the lugs and the real steel wheels.

Also. My girlfriends 2003 Pontiac Grand am has cast aluminum wheels with a chromed plastic cover that is adhered to the actual rim. I asked the dealer and they said that because it is hard to warantee chromed aluminum wheels so any grand am that has chrome wheels actually has a cover on it for easier replacement. Check it out the next time you see one.

It can be done. If you build it, they will come.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

to slow Andy,hahahaha 355 mould in fiberglass. it needs a steel wheel made with thin spokes,problem with the 360 is they are very thin to start with.but could be done.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

phew! do they really look genuine?