Thread: Lambo door buttons

Lambo door buttons

Hello:
    I need to get some door buttons for my Countach, Does anyone know where I can get a set ?. I was going to use electric openers but decided against it. I am going to hunt for some parts at the wrecker tomorrow and mabye I could grab some buttons off of something ?. Although the chances of them having the keys is slim, Mabye a locksmith could make a set of keys ?.

On another note I decided to separate my rear decklids this week ( it came as one piece ) Does anybody know what I could get some latches and strikers off of ?.

Thanks
    Trevor,

Re: Lambo door buttons

Trever, you can use the trunk button from a Pontiac sundance. I used the trunk latch's from a sunbird, that had the pull release cable. Just abount any one work fines....

kitcarnut

well I used Nissan Multi rear tailgate locks.# 90600-01R26 and 90590-55A00. one is lock and other is a clip. I bought new ones and both have dif. key. you can't get same key on both. may locksmith can change it. What is nice about, it has little lever at the end and when pushed ,it moves 45* to 90*. works very well with Bearclaw latches. now if you have Mercedes on it takes some mods.may not even work as good,thats why I changed my to Audi/VW locks who are same as Bearclaw and about 5 bucks set at the wreckers.for rear use any small car rear trunk latches assy.some comes with power solenoids.oh the price is about $65 Can.each.

Thanks guys

I will check tomorrow and see what I can find.

Kitcarnut: I have the Mercedes latches however I have not installed them yet. So if the buttons won't work with them I will just buy a set of the VW or Audi. Is there a certin model to look for ?

Thanks Again
    Trevor,

kitcarnut

any year any make of VW or Audi. the Audi later models are chromed, maybe that looks more nicer?