Thread: Audi 5000s Transmission... HELP!!!

Audi 5000s Transmission... HELP!!!

Hi guys... my first post! * *I'll try to make this brief... I live in Merritt, B.C. Canada and I'm having alot of trouble finding an 84-87 Audi 5000s 5-spd. manual front wheel drive transmission for my car! Out of the two salvage companies in town, they would both like to charge me the price of a whole car, rather than the transmission! * *

I was hoping that some of the other Canadian builders here might be able to help me with locating this transmission. I'm able to purchase this transmission immediately if someone can find it. If anyone can help me, my e-mail is mybuild@ocis.net

Shipping will not be a problem either, as I can have it shipped through my place of work. Thanks in advance everyone! Any help is GREATLY appreciated! * ;D

Jo Connor McKenna

Re: Audi 5000s Transmission... HELP!!!

Turbo or non-turbo? I found one for $175, non-turbo.

I managed to find a 5000s transmission in Scarborough, Ontario with 68,000 km on it, for only $100.00 Canadian! To have shipped to my place of work was another $75.00 on Manitoulin Transport. Yahoo! Now the task is to have it mated to the LT1. * *Are there any builders on this forum who have already accomplished this? If so, any advise or technical info would be greatly appreciated!

Jo Connor McKenna

Have you looked at the tech info at Lambo Lounge? http://www.lambolounge.com/Chassis/T.../5000/5000.htm
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

I know the site very well! Fletch and I have been keeping each other in the know for some time now. His site is an absolutely EXCELLENT source for information! Thanks for the advise though, it's appreciated!

It's not so much that mating the engines is going to be extremely difficult, rather I'm more or less looking for advise from other builders who have mated engines and transmissions that were not meant to be mated together.

I was just surfing Duncan's site, and it seems that Graham has found some very useful info from Kennedy Engineering concerning the adapter plate and hardware to mate the LT1 with the Audi 5000s transmission! Way to go Graham!

Jo Connor McKenna

Sorry I really can't be of more help, but could you pass the links on. I'm trying to collect as much info as I can so when I finally start my conversion, I'll have a better understanding of what I'm doing. Good luck, keep us informed...

BTW, Fletch's site is great. I wish someone would do a Ferrari site similar.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

http://www.kitcentral.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000445.html

I'll post links as often as possible!

Jo Connor McKenna

Here is the link for Kennedy Engineered Products.

http://www.kennedyeng.com/

Hope this helps, and if someone else recieves any useful info on mating the LT1 with the Audi 5000s transmission, PLEASE keep me in the loop? Thanks!

Also, I bought my "complete" urethane bushing kit yesterday afternoon that was not as "complete" as it was supposed to be... Can anyone tell me a good source for urethane cradle bushings for an 86 Fiero that will not take 2-3 weeks to get? I am currently making the modifications to my engine cradle, and will need the bushings sooner than that...

Thanks again!

Jo Connor McKenna