Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw the progress of my car..

Saw the progress of my car..

i guys i just got back from seeing my car for the first time in 4 months and its looking great ill try and upload pictures soon.
    But i have a question, i need wheel adapters for the from and the rear for 5x108 bolt pattern

what is the biggest adapter that can be used is 5" on the rear too big???

Also can anyone sugest a good place to get them made...???
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&s=x4

Re: Saw the progress of my car..

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! If you cant post them e-mail them to me and I will post them. Also 5" is a little large, stay with 3" or under if possible.

-Chris

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

interested in seeing it 8)
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD
    i guys i just got back from seeing my car for the first time in 4 months and its looking great ill try and upload pictures soon.
    But i have a question, i need wheel adapters for the from and the rear for 5x108 bolt pattern

what is the biggest adapter that can be used is 5" on the rear too big???

Also can anyone sugest a good place to get them made...???
    While I will not advocate wheel adapters, especially wide ones, contact Dave'Funnywheels'. He knows of a reputable place that makes them to your spec. My suggestion... bite the bullet and purchase a frt & rear setup from Helds, RCC, Streat Dreams, or others. Running on little Fiero spindles/bearings could seriously 'backfire' on you! You will probably spend at least half of that total later on down the road in 'fine tuning' the Fiero/CHEVETTE suspension!
    good luck,
    Sandy
    MAD... just noticed you're in Ontario.... it will be very hard to justify spending that kind of $$$, but, maybe you could pick it up at the boarder and save some shipping/broker fees. Occasionally, Helds stuff shows up on Ebay or Pennocks, but probably not with your dimensions.....

Hey guys,, some pics....

Mike:

The Progress is looking good, Who's shop is that? Looks like a few projects going.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Tony Sousa, its his shop in Milton, Ontario. he does great work, cant wait to get it back for paint...

Looks great, send some more pics when it gets painted. Take care. Bill

Hi Mike
    Next time you're in Tony's shop take a look at the yellow primed car beside yours. You will notice it has the held wide track suspension on the front. It has been stretched 3". If you try and use adaptors with a 3" spacing you won't be able to turn the front wheels very far without rubbing against the wheel wells. Unfortunately if you want to be able to drive the car you should consider that upgrade. Since you've got the rear Fiero stock suspension, I would also consider going with the Held wide track rear suspension if your looking for a 5" wider track on each side. It is a simple bolt on and reasonably priced. It will also relieve stress on your rear bearings.

Paul

Is it true that people are still dealing with people in this industry that bilk others??? I thought we learned that lesson with DKOV. Go read about Tonys dealings in the consumer affairs section, or just IM ARI!. I ordered a body from Tony Sousa that took nearly a year to get, with many phone calls and so many promises of making it up by sending interior stuff, ETC. NEVER HAPPENED. DO NOT support those that lie and steal from others, it takes money out of all our pockets!