Thread: THIS QUESTION IS FOR ALL!!!!

THIS QUESTION IS FOR ALL!!!!

PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE IF YOU CAN!
    HI all I was at work today and I thought up this great question to boggle the minds of us automotive enthusiests!!
    Now since we are using fiero based kits,and say you add a carburated v8 and a fuel pressure regulator right,would it be possible to still add remote start to a carburated vehicle that uses an electric fuel pump because it still primes itself when the ignition is engaged?????? PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS IM DYING TO KNOW!!! Ray

Re: THIS QUESTION IS FOR ALL!!!!

Sure you can. At least I don't see a reason why not. Where there's a will, there's a way.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

* *1st off, with a carbed V8, you must use a 4 cyl Fiero fuel pump(approx 15lbs pressure). The V6 pump is to high (approx 50 lbs). You can then 'regulate' the pressure regulator down to 5lbs. I made use of the Fiero oil pressure switch which serves as a secondary voltage (power) supply to the fuel pump. So when there is oil pressure, the switch(oil pressure) sends voltage to the fuel pump. To utilise a remote start, in my case, the remote would have to 'cycle' a few times to produce needed oil pressure, as, the car is not an every-day driver and whatever gas that was in the carb at 'shut-down' has usually 1/2 evaporated. If it was 'really cold' outside, setting a choke might require another type, as mine is manually set by depressing the pedal.... then again, who drives these cars in the 'snow'?? But YES, it can be done.
    Sandy

Thanks rcr and cowan I really like the input. quick question cowan (please dont be affended)but are you female???I noticed you signed your reply Sandy??If so nothing rong with that at all infact I think its really cool when i see women getting involved in a so called man sport.

Sorry, No! I'm a male! And no, my wife is mistakenly called 'Sandy' alot, as people tend to remember 'not often used' names!
    Sandy

sorry Cowans (Sandy) I wasnt trying to upset you Just had to ask.I just always thought that was neat!!