Thread: A 355 challenge car with a front rad????

A 355 challenge car with a front rad????

HI all,

Can anyone tell me what that is in the front?? It looks like a rad of some sort...From all the pics of it at a ferrari forum I just can't tell if it's a twin turbo and the rad being an intercooler....Does anyone have any ifno regarding ferrari putting in front rads on the challenge 355's? Or would this most likely be a custom one off?? I do love how the front grill was done though....

pic: http://www.ferrariforum.com/photos/viewphoto.php?id=188
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: A 355 challenge car with a front rad????

Hi all,

After thinking about it since it is a race car I thought it might be an oil cooler, though I went back and looked at all the other pics of this car, and there this one, the same car as above with a ventilated front hood..... Anyone know anything about the car??

pic: http://www.ferrariforum.com/photos/viewphoto.php?id=194

pic 2: http://www.ferrariforum.com/photos/viewphoto.php?id=193

pic 3: http://www.ferrariforum.com/photos/viewphoto.php?id=190
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

i'm too lazy to check the manual but i believe the oil cooler is fed by one of the side scoops (right one?) on the 355, and that the radiator is up front stock. the LeMans style hood air outlet is pretty common on high end race cars (everything from the GT40 to the F40LM)
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Hi all,

Actually, the 355 has 2 side mounted rads right behind the door scoops.....I am still thinkin it's an oil cooler that was custom added........

Based on the size of the ducting going into the firewall, I would say it is a large inner cooler for a turbo setup. Several drag cars have a setup like that with the duct work going into the passenger side since there is no passenger seat in race cars.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

it seems i need to do some more reading

here's the manual's diagram
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com