Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's this sound like a scam...

That's this sound like a scam...

Hi,

I read previouly from this forum that there are con-artist sending fake cashier checks that included the shipping cost from international buyers and so on, so on... Here is an email I got from the buyer.. Let me know what you think:
    Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your response,the details and pics of the Lamborghini Countach 5000s Targa is okay and acceptable by me. I will be handling the shippment of the Lamborghini Countach 5000s Targa myself as i have an organised shipping company who will be coming down to your location for the pick up of the Lamborghini Countach 5000s Targa .Presently i'm based in U.K.

As payment regards for the Lamborghini Countach 5000s Targa , i will contact an associates of mine in State to make the payment out to you on my behalf by Cashier Check or Money Order and he will be including funds for the shippment to make things smooth and fast,Hope you understand ??.Kindly get back to me with the details below for payment

NAME - that will be written on the Cashier Check or Money Order
    CONTACT ADDRESS -where the Cashier Check or Money Order will be sent to
    CONTACT PHONE NUMBER - for better means of communication.

I await the details above for payment ASAP.
    Thanks and i will be looking forwards to your prompt
    response
    Regards,
    David

Thanks...

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: That's this sound like a scam...

it is a scam , the cashiers checks are FAKEs , the check an truck come at the same time an most banks cash the check or deposite it an it take about 3 days to clear an 10 -12 days for them to catch it an by then your car the extra cash you send back are gone an you are left with nothing but a OVERDRAFT account an the bank want their money back from you ,at this time i have 7 FAKE CASHIERS CHECKS an the best one of all last year a guy sent FAKE postal money orders to me it took my bank 10 days to catch it
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

thats a FAKE through and through, i've come across SO MANY of them in my business (former business :P)

All you have to do is tell the guy that you only accept internet bank transfers or Western Union Money transfer...and WAIT for as many days as you like to ensure you have the money and get the bank to give you in writing that the money is definately available in your account and you can draw it out. The buyer can wait for the car...

my names david and i live in the uk ;D

Quote Originally Posted by disilva
    my names david and i live in the uk ;D
    I'd put on some running shoes and get away from that deal fast! Red Flag after Red Flag.

Don't take the chance
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

That's what I tought... Thank you all for the advise.. I am running away like the road runner....

I just SOLD 3 cars on eBay last weekend ;D For 2 of them I've gotten deposits via PayPal already....I always make sure to spell out in my description in BIG, BLOCK letters that NO INTERNATIONAL bidders were allowed to bid for that same reason; to avoid the hassle of fake checks and protect myself from scams.

As an extra measure of I don't accept Money orders for my sales (I prefer CASH ) even for domestic buyers....In the rare case that I do, I usually mail the title to the buyer after the Money order has cleared the bank and make sure I have a copy of their license number info, just in case....

It only makes sense to cover your rear end when dealing with big money transactions.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by koenigtr
    That's what I tought... Thank you all for the advise.. I am running away like the road runner....
    Beep Beep! Vrooooooooooooooom!

Quote Originally Posted by goyal99
    I just SOLD 3 cars on eBay last weekend ;D For 2 of them I've gotten deposits via PayPal already....I always make sure to spell out in my description in BIG, BLOCK letters that NO INTERNATIONAL bidders were allowed to bid for that same reason; to avoid the hassle of fake checks and protect myself from scams.
    what cars u sell Goyal? Kits?

No kits....2 Fieros and a BMW....

I posted the eBay links of the auctions last week in the MALL section....

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!