Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: death in the ferrari family

death in the ferrari family

i regret to inform you that today a ferreri enzo died in a traffic accident on pacific coast highway in california. the passenger (who the car happened to be registered to) said that the driver ran into the woods after the crash. sounds suspect to me. any way the enzo was ripped in half. it would be cool if somebody could find a pic to post.

Re: death in the ferrari family

The driver ran into the woods lol.

I can just imagine the claims adjusters face.

z

HAHAHA ;D

the owner of the enzo will allow a stranger to drive his car? whether he ran into the woods or not, I am sure he can visit him at his house to break his knee caps.

Ferrari Enzo Crash on PCH
    A RARE $US1 million ($A1.36 million) Ferrari sports car belonging to a Swedish game industry mogul slammed into a pole during a high-speed street race today, reducing it to scrap metal, US police said.

Police in the plush Los Angeles district of Malibu said the 2003 Ferrari Enzo, only 399 of which were made, was owned by Stefan Eriksson, 44, a controversial former executive of the failed handheld gaming company Gizmondo.
    The driver lost control of the Ferrari about dawn when it careened up an embankment, probably became airborne and then slammed into a pole, slicing the vehicle in half, police said.

Mr Eriksson, who was slightly injured in the crash, told police he was a passenger in the vehicle and that the driver was a German man called Dietrich who had fled the scene, Los Angeles Sheriff's Department Sergeant Philip Brooks said.

"Whoever was driving the Ferrari and a Mercedes came out to Malibu for a little race," Sheriff's Department Sergeant Philip Brooks said.

"The other car racing was a ($677,500) SLR Mercedes," he said.

Mr Eriksson had a blood-alcohol level of 0.09, which is above the legal limit, Sgt Brooks said. Nobody had been arrested in connection with the crash,but officers were still seeking to identify the driver of the car, he said.
    "He's still considered as the passenger," Sgt Brooks said of Mr Eriksson. "We're continuing our investigation. He's not in custody."

The red Ferrari Enzo, other examples of which are owned by such high-flyers as Oscar-winning movie star Nicolas Cage and US fashion designer Tommy Hilfiger, was speeding at more than 192km/h when the crash occurred, Sgt Brooks said.

The impact sheared the red Italian sports car in two, separating the entire front section from the rest of the vehicle.

The 650-horsepower car had a top speed of more than 360km/h.

"For a million dollars, you get a very good passenger-safety system, and apparently, in this case, it did work," Brooks said.

Best still a movie clip of the site
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...home-headlines

LOL...more like Mr Eriksonn jumped from the driver seat into the passenger seat.

This what I hate about super rich people, they can buy any SuperCar they want and have no respect for it. Just cos your rich does not mean you can drive like Micheal Schumacher, these rich fools should have lessons on how to drive a supercar round a racetrack before they are unleashed on the road.

ouch, this is 5 mins from me, i should go look for parts ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

GTOpower I total agree with you. I am willing to bet they never find this mystry man that ran into the woods ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    GTOpower I total agree with you. I am willing to bet they never find this mystry man that ran into the woods ;D.
    the guy must put $1m for the head of the mystery man!

Quote Originally Posted by GTOpower
    LOL...more like Mr Eriksonn jumped from the driver seat into the passenger seat.
    That was my first thought when I read this improbable story.....Or the driver car-jacked the Enzo (it could happen!) :

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!