Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 355 bad generation 2 pictures

355 bad generation 2 pictures

HI i have decided i want to build a 355 replica and i am currently deciding which kit to go for i have been looking at various kits but i cant seem to find any good pictures of b.a.d generation 2 kits so could you please help if you have some can you post them here or send me some thanks

Re: 355 bad generation 2 pictures

hi mark,

It took me almost a year to decide, I chose the extreme355...it seems to be very popular and an easy fit.

ok thanks ive been looking for a while at the moment im with the extreme kit but i havent been able to see many good pictures of generation 2 kits so i will choose after i have seen them, i looked at 355 kits and it appears to be very biast and all the other kits other than extremes are out of date

also, remember that BAD are no longer in business, so support might be difficult..

yes i will take that into consideration

I was doing the same as you, comparing the kits, & I ended up going for the Extreme 355.

This is a link to evans motorsport who are doing the bad gen 2/supacorse kits now.

http://www.evansmotorsports.co.uk/products.htm

The price may initially seem cheaper, but add up all the extras & also make sure you look at the areas shown in the 355kits website. You also need to add up all the hassle you will get fitting a cheaper badly fitting kit, not what you need if you are just starting out. The bad moulds havent changed other than slight repositioning of the headlights & the front strip. The rest is still the same. I will see if I can find the comparison pics I had. If you notice, alot of the pics on the evans site are fron the same angles. They are trying to draw your eye away from the areas that dont look too good.

If you can, the best way to see the differences is to go to the shows to see for yourself the differences & take your own comparison pics.

One other thing to bear in mind is that the number of panels the kit is moulded into. The lower cost kits tend to mould the whole front and rear ends in one piece this makes lining up much more difficult & doesnt give the right look as the joint lines are fake. Multi piece moulds allow more flexability when fitting. The one exception to this is when a piece is double skinned. Some kits (including evans) let you join the two skins, which is a real serious pain in the arse to do.

I know lots of people on here are fans of the Extreme, but there is a reason. They produce quality kits!
    Like you, I wanted to decide for myself hence why I added the link to evans, but im sure you will come to the same conclusion as us.

Good luck!
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

ok thanks for your help i see what your saying

Go to my website I have loads of pic's and the kit is up to Rev III now and their is no issue with getting parts or the quality of the kit.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/curld7/myhomepage/auto.html

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...MR2/MR2Sig.jpg<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

ok many thanks docurley i would appreciate your opinion on which to choose if you dont mind thanks

Just found this.

Made by a company based in New York & Germany