Thread: Miura Replica?????

Miura Replica?????

Hi,
    i'm looking out for a replica of the Lamborghini Miura. I've heard about a kit, called "Prova"... but i can't find the homepage or sth.
    Maybe someone of you guys know a kitcar-manufactory which builds this car?

Thanks

Re: Miura Replica?????

www.paralleldesigns.com here in the uk do a muira kit on the old prova designs

in glass ;D wrong link, do a google on parrallel designs cars

Prova used to produce the miura years ago. Their old 'factory' is about 30 mins drive from where I live. They used to build a countach replica too & were meant to be one of the first to hire a genuine car & mould from it.

It was actually seeing that countach on the cover of a kit magazine whilst at school that was my first ever realisation that you can actually make your own cars!

Just to make Illuder feel a bit better, they allegedly had to respray the car after moulding so maybe his decision not to mould the gallardo was right!

Im not sure about how it changed hands but parallel designs now have either the moulds or a shell which they have said they plan on producing a kit from. I think the new miura from lambo could mean they launch the kit quite quickly.

Not sure how they plan on doing all the accessories, as its going to be practically impossible to get hold of genuine parts for the eyelashes etc. etc. They will have to produce all the bits themselves which will take time.

This should link you to their site

http://www.paralleldesigns.co.uk/indexframe.html

I have only spoken to them at the shows & havent actually bought from them, but i got the impression they were a bit up themselves & were doing you a favour by selling you one of their cars. Still, thats just my impression you should make your own mind up as from their pics the stuff looks like its good quality. Possibly a bit expensive! but good quality. *
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

i like their gtr diablo model, it's pretty sweet

Escalade182

nice find on the miura replica.

that would look awesome in green.