Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there ANY 355 or 360 Legal Troubles?

Are there ANY 355 or 360 Legal Troubles?

Hi All,

First let me start by giving Kudo's to all those building your dreams cars!* You have more guts than most of us (and money!)* I do have a few questions for all you Ferrari replica builders out there... I had been following the 355 replicas for some time and then dropped out of the scene when I moved to Alabama.* I had seen one too many companies like The Car Factory have to change over, discontinue the 355s and offer new kits because of Ferrari's relentless pursuits to squash the would-be enthusiast!* Now I see companies offering the 360 and F50 once again but with much more detail, individual body parts and even accurate interiors!!!

Have things changed in the past few years?* Does Ferrari not care whether a kit is made of the their 355 or 360?* Also, the replicas being made today look almost factory direct!* I guess I'm trying to figure out how you're getting by the legal implications and building such high caliber replicas!* Should I ever decide to build a 355 or 360 what are the chances of these replica companies quickly becoming a "Fly By Night" organization?

Thanks again keep up the great builds!!!!!!* Any 550 Spyder, 356 Speedster or 718 RSK builders out there?

Sofa King

Re: Are there ANY 355 or 360 Legal Troubles?

I think they still care, but there's no way they can stop it...
    I believe Ferrari pretty much wiped the f50 out of production except for lakewerks

that's all i know
    sorry
    -jordan

Escalade182

I hope lamborghini doesnt rape my ass. :-[

lol

THEY"RE COMING FOR YOU...
    :

I have been advised that if you are not the manufacture you will be left alone. Now if you try and sell a Ferrari replica on E-Bay and show the trademark logo's and mention the 'F' word E-Bay will remove your ad. I haven't heard of anyone being pursued for owning a replica or replica's. Ferrari (in the US) seems to be the most aggressive. This is just my opinion. Take care. Bill

90% of the time it's actually the ferrari owners club/local clubs. they want to keep their cars exclusive and when they see someone has a car thats almost the same but slower, crappy in some way, or that it's just 5x cheaper, they aren't happy.

if you get any trouble, you're advertising too much anyway. being careful and not using the 'F word' should be enough. Same goes with ebay, dont have the F or the horse.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Escalade182

they need a new universal word.

like bmw is to beemer.

usually when people see a ferrari, they say look at that rich f***er

does that work?
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I have been contacted twice, and I'm an individual.
    But that has been a few years back.

I know for ferarri its a case of so long as it's not the latest model on sale you will be ok but try and build an F430 or Enzo and you can expect a letter.

The same for Audi, Diablo ok but Merci and Galardo no go.

z