Thread: VWT 1927 Ford Roadster Kit (Seeking information)

VWT 1927 Ford Roadster Kit (Seeking information)

Back in the early 70's there was a company located in Conn (I dont remember the town).* The company went under the name of VTW.* They were at that time producing 1927 Ford TRACK ROADSTER style kits that were mounted on a VW chassis.* Im seeking any information that anyone might have on this company.* *I would also be interested in locating one of these kits in project status or complete.... Any information that could be provided would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    Rags...

Re: VWT 1927 Ford Roadster Kit (Seeking information)

You might be talking about the volksrod. Here is a link to some pictures. http://www.walts.info/page_23.htm Check out www.volksrodders.com where they have all different kinds of vw based hot rods. Here is my personal project.

plans for paint

Scott

Sorry to say thats not the one.. Im familiar with the V-Rod Volks-Rod.. Yup they were back in the same time period... The car that Im talking about is very low slung... Actually when sitting in the seat you could just about see the drivers sholders... I use to have the literature on this car but it has been misplaced over the years.... Back in the 70's I actually drove to Conn. to see one of the built vehicles.

The company was basically a backyard barn operation... Pretty nicely set up... At that time they were also planning on building Fiberglass 32 fords... But as we all know now they are a dime a dozen...

Thanks for the help...... The Search goes on.........

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/graphics/pdf/V366.pdf

Rags was it called the mini T or the Maxi T? I hate pdf so I just gave you the link!

Mike

hmmmm re-read your post and saw you are looking for a track roadster. Sorry but the link may help someone!

NOPE.... Thats not the car...

The car that Im speaking about is very similar to the old dirt track roadsters..... I can see the brochure as clear as day in my head... There was a shot of the front of the roadster (COLOR BLACK) had chrome reverse wheels

Thanks for the try....

Rags.......

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/xq/asp...splayGroup.htm

Rags you might want to do a new one. Here is a link to Speedway's roadster page with bodies frames etc. Are you wanting to put a vw engine in it? If not this might be a good option for you. Hope it helps.

Mike

Mike..... Not really interested in the SPEEDWAY car.. Grossly overpriced and it sits way to high...

The VWT car was very very low to the ground... When sitting in the car you were low enough to get behind the 6 inch windshield... Picture yourself setting 2 inches off of the VW Pan...

Thanks for the reply.... But not the information that Im looking for......

Rags.......