Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gt 40

gt 40

Anybody know of a gt 40 body for a fiero? I know v8 archie has one but he wants $19000 just for the body. Yes i emailed him twice about this price. Maybe one of the older kits.* Most of the older kits fit VWs, not sure if they could be made to fit a fiero. I have seen kellison gt bodys on toyota mr2s.Thanks for any help.

Re: gt 40

Keep looking on eBay for replica GT-40 kits which come up once in a while....

The Archie Fiero/GT-40 kit is downright UGLY....Too short with the wrong rear end and not low enough - it just simply looks wrong to me (sorry Archie, I usually like your stuff but this kit is not doing it for me)....Personally I wouldn't pay more than $5K for an Archie-Fiero-GT40 kit, certainly not even close to his asking price..

If you really want one that looks authentic, then take your time and keep your eyes open on eBay....You might not find a GT-40 kit that fits specifically the Fiero but I'm sure you can make it work regardless of the chassis platform.

Good luck - Vasilis K.
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

The kit doesn't have to be a complete copy of a gt 40. I'm not one who picks over a car if its not an exact copy. There are alot of good looking kits that look close to lambos or such as the avenger. The wheelbase has to be right and how low it sets on the frame. Nothing worst then a lambo or a gt 40 thats to short or sets to high off the tires. I've seen Kellison gt kits that where for a vw but put on mr 2s and look good.

Here is one I don't think it's even close but you may like it. Take care. Bill

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT40-...QQcmdZViewItem

Escalade182

that wheelbase looks way too short. the roof line is way off. door length is way off. the doors dont have the obnocious roof on them.

I hate it. :P

Everything is off on this kit, but the poster said he didn't mind things being off. I agree I wouldn't want this version but perhaps if he has a limited budget this might make him happy. We all started some where. Take care. Bill

Escalade182

amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by aa2uk
    Here is one I don't think it's even close but you may like it. Take care. Bill

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GT40-...QQcmdZViewItem
    That's EXACT-UGLY what I was talking about on my previous post.....

Thanks for posting Bill ;D

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

the ebay car would be good in the UK, since jeremy clarkson has a new GT and cand drive it around most towns due to narrow streets and impossible parking. having said that, it's in north america, and in an area where you have to find stuff to hit (with the wide streets and all) so there goes that idea... :
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Escalade182

speaking of top gear. where are all the episode on google-videos? :'(