Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kamalacars.com??

kamalacars.com??

Hi all,

Does anyone know what happened with this company?? I went to check up on their website and I got the dreaded "Page cannot be displayed"...... I just absolutely love this car and hope to get one someday....... Just for a good laugh, how much $$$ do you think it would take to ship a car from the UK to the USA??
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: kamalacars.com??

Their last known info:

Kamala Cars England
    The Drift
    Crownthorpe Road
    Wymondham
    Norfolk
    NR18 9EW

Telephone & Fax 01953 605911

e-mail: sales@kamalacars.com

Last recorded internet archive was Feb 28th 2006 on the wayback machine here.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.kamalacars.com

Hope that helps... The original concept was sold i think by Dax Cars some time ago http://www.daxcars.co.uk/start.htm

I personally do not know of anyone in the states with this kit. Very funky looking when released. Don't know how much it would cost to ship over... imagine around $1000 or more perhaps. I don't know if they are in business anymore or just the website it down.

Hi all,

Thanx for the info!!!!!! ;D I REALLY hope the site is just getting an update or something like that, cuz I love this car and one day hope to own one!! hehehe.......
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Chamaco

Thought you might want to have this info.
    Regards,
    Chamaco

Where next for Kamala?
    Essex-based car manufacturer DJ Sportscars International is studying a number of options for the future production and further development of its radical DAX Kamala mid-engined supercar project.

Managing Director Brian Johns commented: "The success of the other cars in our range means that we can no longer devote the time required to do justice to the Kamala which is, inevitably, a lower-volume, higher-cost product with a longer build time. At the moment, we can sell every Rush and Tojeiro we can build and are trying to reduce a growing waiting list. The Kamala is having to take a back seat. It deserves better."

Ideally, DJ believes the best solution would be a one-off sale of the entire project, including the demonstrator, and interest has been expressed by companies in Japan and the USA. It would, however, prefer to see production remain in the UK and is prepared to consider various forms of partnership with a company which would continue production and development of the car. It is aware that there is a market for fully-built Kamalas which it is not in a position to service.

The silver prototype/demonstrator - the Cosworth-powered Kamala No. 001 - might be available separately for a suitable offer.

Plans for a second-generation Kamala with a re-styled front end could be included in any deal and a short-term consultancy agreement to retain the involvement of the Kamala's British designer - DJ's Peter Walker - would be negotiable.

Brian is keen to stress that the Kamala has been a success. "We have sold more than 30. The customers are happy. We are building cars for Japan at the moment. Our Benelux agent is building up a left-hand-drive demonstrator to launch a European sales campaign. It has been a critical and a commercial success. Unfortunately, we simply don't have the physical capacity to continue to develop the project. This is why we are seeking a purchaser or partner."

"We have learnt a great deal. There is a market for a unique car like the Kamala and we have started to tap it. Also, the car - through the magazine and TV coverage it attracts and its impact at shows and events - has raised the profile of the company and its products. We have no doubt that the current success of the other cars in our range is in part due to this flagship project," he continued. "And, of course, we now have experience in building mid-engined cars, which are - inevitably - the future of component cars. As we run out of rear-wheel-drive donors the industry is going to have to switch to using front-wheel-drive components in a mid-engined configuration because our customers don't want front-wheel-drive sports cars. The Kamala has given us a head start."

Link: www.daxcars.com

That last article from DJ Sportscars wich originally produced the Kamala is a few years old.

I inquired how much they asked for the project when I read it and never got anything but "make a substantial offer" or something like that.

The project has been sold to another small outfit in england. They had a web site and even had some projects to modify the front to make a version with full fenders.

I suppose they went under or just dropped the project. Maybe they paid too much for the project and weren't left with enough cash to promote the car.

This car (the Kamala) still looks outrageous and would make a ferrari or lamborghini look kind of ordinary on city streets.

I might have the name of the company that bought the project (before they changed to kamalacars). I'll dig a little and post it if I find it.

Keep smiling

LarryG

HI all,

The company that bought the project from DJ sportscars INT is Kamalacars.com, they usta be kamalacars.co.uk, they just bought their own url when the switched to .com... I hope kamalacars.com sold the project to someone else, cuz I want one these in the worst way!!! Even if I have to finance one, hehe, lmao!! God I hope I don't have to do that!! Course i'll be paitent about the website, cuz like said above there was activity in late Feb... Maybe their just redoing or upgrading the site.... Though I think i'll jsut call the number and ask...... Anyone know what timezone england is on??? If so, what time would it be there if it were 3 pm central standard timezone for me???

They would be 9 hours ahead of you, So if it is 1 PM here it is 10 PM there.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Hi all,

Funnywheels, florida is on central?? I thought you were on Eastern??

No Florida all except for the pan handle is on eastern time. I used an example for central time for you.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

HI all,

OHHHHH OK!! I reread your post and realized I never read the part that said, 9 hrs ahead of "YOU".. My bad.......