Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koenig's lamborghini Diablo Roadster.

koenig

Koenig's lamborghini Diablo Roadster.

Here are some more update pics of my car, its painted. Please tell me what you think.

The link is below:

http://groups.msn.com/diablolamborgh...msnw?page=last

The pics of it painted are pages 2 and 3

thanks
    Koenig.

My builder is John from the fiberglass workshop, if you want the best go to him.

Re: Koenig's lamborghini Diablo Roadster.

Ah very very nice i really do like the colour..but here r a few questions..

1) why did u use the caddy 4.9? compared to a 3800SC.350.3.4DOHC

2)what is with that abused lonely looking countach in the back ground,,i like u should found some love to finish it

I noticed the replica engine cover. Just a little tip that I used. Go to HomeDepot and buy some "Hand Hammered Aluminum Paint" . It goes on nice and gives a textured look. Most people have to touch the cover and they still think it is real aluminum. I'm not kinding.
    I had a question from a body shop painter, "why don't you polish that aluminum it would look so much nicer?"

After painting it I had a girl in one of my classes paint the text with red nail polish. It looks awesome.

Jim

Escalade182

I bought some latex aluminum spray paint at home depot one time. $1.99 a can...

what I used was LATEX. so it wouldnt be a good idea to paint an engine with this...

but anyway...I painted a PVC pole for a trot-line on my skiff and a friend of mine said "why didnt you just use pvc?"

its funny how paint can deceive your eyes. so I'd take Jim's suggestion with the hand hammered style paint.

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner
    I noticed the replica engine cover. Just a little tip that I used. Go to HomeDepot and buy some "Hand Hammered Aluminum Paint" . It goes on nice and gives a textured look. Most people have to touch the cover and they still think it is real aluminum. I'm not kinding.
    I had a question from a body shop painter, "why don't you polish that aluminum it would look so much nicer?"

After painting it I had a girl in one of my classes paint the text with red nail polish. It looks awesome.

Jim
    thanks Jim ...good tip ...I haven't even had the time to open the main box with all the parts in it I was amazed at the size of the box ..it must be 5ftx3ftx2ft..it doesn't even contain the cover just all the parts ...probably add another month to the build ...lol...john

Wow that is awesom ! I love that color. What kit did you use? more pics. please
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

koenig

Just added more pics to the album, please check them out. Poor John, as soon as he's almost done, I add more stuff! lol..... Sorry buddy, but in the end it will be all worth it, I promise...

Everyone take care, and I love the site..

Koenig.

Quote Originally Posted by starfighter
    Wow that is awesom ! I love that color. What kit did you use? more pics. please
    color is lamborghini 1999 millenium silver... its a deeper dark silver ..looks gold in a couple of pics b/c of the lighting ,does have some brown toner in it tho when you look into the can ... I love it it just looks like $$$$...john

Where did you purchase your engine cover?

Thanks
    msaby@fast.net

Quote Originally Posted by msaby
    Where did you purchase your engine cover?

Thanks
    msaby@fast.net
    see Ken at NAERC