Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally did it 88 Mera w/20k

I finally did it 88 Mera w/20k

Don't know if anyone saw the 88 Mera for sale over on Pennock's but I am purchasing it. I looks great and an added plus for me, it has a Northstar with the 4T80E! I might be putting my 308 4.9/4t60E that I just had professionally redone by The Fiero Factory up for sale. The 365 I just bought is being delivered tomorrow. The Mera will be delivered the end of April. The chassis only has about 20k on it. This Mera's original owner was the creator of the Mera it has a nice history. I will try and post some pictures but they are in the Mall section of Pennock's. I confirmed the car's history with Rodney Dickerman. Life is good.
    Take care. Bill

Re: I finally did it 88 Mera w/20k

Congrats again on your fine addition to your collection Bill...

Life IS indeed good to those with cash!

You'll be a busy man this summer driving all your toys around....It will be hard to decide which one of your cars to drive each day...

Have fun and all the best.

Vasilis K.
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

That Mera looked really clean. If the car is really that clean and the engine works, then the price is good. After all it would cost you over $30k to build that car.

I saw that on the other forum as well. Nice addition to the collection. You're in NJ right? I'm in New Hope PA. I just picked up the "finishing touches" to convert my 308 from Auto to manual. I was going to do a SBC / 4T60 swap but really miss my last SBC / Getrag so I decided to make the switch.

(VK, Did'nt I tell you that I may "shift gears" with my plans when we met?? )

Now I have to decide: 4.9 or SBC. I'd love to stop out and hear Bills.

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

The question would be which one? All mine are auto's. I have bad neuropathy in my left leg and foot. That's why I had a few converted to the automatics. I might be able to make a wave file for you. I am in the Hammonton area Route 206 and 30 in South Jersey. I have to get both you guys out here once I have the Mera and the F-40 delivered. The 365 should be here around 10 tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!
    Take care guys, Bill

Sounds good. I'm up for a road trip.

I remember you mentioning the F-40 a little while back. Sounds like a nice collection. VK was out my way a few months back and we were just talking shop, projects etc. I just "thinned the heard" a bit when I moved. Had to say goodbye to the 2 Buick GN's and one of the Jags.

Now I'm down to the 308 replica, 91 Jag XJS V-12, 79 T/A and 83 Hurst/Olds. (And of course the 528 daily driver, the wifes 3000 GT and the Silverado to do the towing...)

It's funny. Everyone makes jokes about how may cars that we have but I always say: Now I have more Quantity than quality!

I built this SBC a few years back and just love the gear drive sound. I thought it would add an nice touch to the 308 and I planned on leaving it that way. If I could only get the same sound on the 4.9, I think I'd do it in a minute and save the SBC for another project. I kept thinking: . . . Can I mod an Eaton M-90 or 110 for the 4.9 and get a little gear noise?? Hmmmmm.
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Quote Originally Posted by aa2uk
    The question would be which one? All mine are auto's. I have bad neuropathy in my left leg and foot. That's why I had a few converted to the automatics. I might be able to make a wave file for you. I am in the Hammonton area Route 206 and 30 in South Jersey. I have to get both you guys out here once I have the Mera and the F-40 delivered. The 365 should be here around 10 tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!
    Take care guys, Bill
    I can speak for myself that I would LOVE to come by anytime to see your collection and hear your cars run.. ;D Even if you don't have all your toys ready to go just let me when you're free and I'll drop by....I'm sure Brian would love to see your collection as well.....Best of luck with your Daytona. It seems to me that you got a steal on that one....I personally don't think the Mera cars are worth premium $$ but your Northstar engine makes it different (and a much better car to own).

I have to get my butt in gear and get my 308 replica on the road as well....It needs a little body work and paint (front bumper and fender)....Other than that it's a stock V6 and runs well....No money for engine upgrades for now but I was thinking about the 4.9L Caddy that Brian is talking about....Maybe if I sell a couple more cars.

Brian: if you decide to do the 4.9L and trany upgrade take good notes and lots of photos. I would be interested in helping you out and possibly learn something in the process. I'll be home a lot this summer (starting my own business) so I will have time on my hands to work on my projects and help you out, if you need help....Just let me know.

Vasilis K.
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Sounds good VK,

I'm just almost finished stripping another Getrag Donor I bought. I'll be taking all of the Manual related items for my swap and then selling off the rest of the car. I'm sure someone on Pennocks can use an 87 Fastback rear clip for a conversion and good running 2.8. (poor car).

It would be pretty cool to get all of the 308's together in the same spot!

Let's Do A Weekend In New Hope

I also have a Mera. 44K on mine.

Let's try to get everyone together for a trip to New Hope/Lahaska for a weekend or something. Right now I live in Annapolis but used to live in King of Prussia, PA. New Hope is one of my favorite places to go and just hang out. Used to ride the Duc up there almost every weekend when I lived in KOP.

What do you say. Maybe plan something for May? June?
    &quot;Nice car; what&#039;s the retail on one of those?&quot;.....<br />&quot;More then you can afford Pal.......Ferrari&quot;<br />&quot;Smoke Em&quot;

New Hope . . . .

Boy...., That's really far from me... About 1.5 miles.. Your right, A great place to see some pretty cool cars. Cops are a little fussy with the noise regulations but that's usually just with the bikes.