Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Testarossa Kit?: Just bought one

Anyone have a Testarossa Kit?: Just bought one

Hi all and greetings, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. Recently I just bought a 95% done Testarossa kit (hope to post pics soon) and I was wondering if there is anyone else among the forum who has one also. The kit was built on an 86 Fiero frame and seems to be in very good condition, although it does need some additional finishing done to it.

Here is a rear view:

Here is a side shot of the car as it exists now:

And here is more how the car will look after a few modifications:
    (I just purchased a set of rims off an actual Testarossa from a guy on ebay (lug nut versions) that will replace the current rims) The rims I just purchased from the ebay guy's TR are not quite as inset as the ones you see below.

Some things I still need to find is the orange lens parking/running lights that go just above the front turn signals. I've been looking at many and, from what I can tell, the front parking lights from the later 90s models Honda Accord seem to be very similar in shape and size. Have no idea where I'll get the air intake vent for the top of the hood (may have to fabricate).

Any opinions or advice much appreciated!

Rob

Re: Anyone have a Testarossa Kit?: Just bought one

Welcome to the forum.

Nice project. What engine/trans is installed?

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Thanks! The engine is the 2.8L (definitely needs upgrade to 3.8L at some point) and transmission is the stock TH125 3-speed auto (definitely needs to be replaced by manual But the car is very good running and I just need to find a few semi-elusive parts.

I have a replica 86 TR and a 1994 512tr chassis which I will likely sell. They are both extremely authentic.

BTW the hood vent can be cut out of the hood vent on a 1983 HOnda Civic hatchback.

Quote Originally Posted by jdorr2002
    BTW the hood vent can be cut out of the hood vent on a 1983 HOnda Civic hatchback.
    I will be on the lookout for Honda Civics at the salvage yard ASAP and I appreciate the info. Do you have any idea what might be used for the front running lights? Best match I can find is from late 90s model Honda accord:

By the way, can you post or send a pic of your 86 TR and 512 body? Would like to see them.

Rob

Nice looking replica, what type of mirrors are on the car? I can't tell from the pictures. I may have a set of original TR front driving light's. I think I am missing the glass lense on one side. Let me know if you are interested. I'll practically give them away. I'll post pictures here tomorrow. Take care. Bill

Quote Originally Posted by aa2uk
    Nice looking replica, what type of mirrors are on the car? I can't tell from te pictures. I may have a set of original TR front driving light's. I think I am missing the glass lense on one side. Let me know if you are interested. I'll practically give them away. I'll post pictures here tomorrow. Take care. Bill
    Thank you. Not sure what kind of mirrors they are, perhaps some knock-off GT or Euro brand. I've seen these type mirrors in many a parts catalogs and would have to look inside to be sure. I'd definitely be interested in the driving lights.

Rob

as far as the front lights go, for proper appearance you only have two choices, original equipment, or some manufacturers made exact copies using original lights for molds, I suspect yours didnt come with those so for it to be perfect you want original TR lights.

Seems many OEM parts for this car are about as scarce as hen's teeth.. although I have already got about $1K worth through ebay, others remain more elusive. If Bill has the front driving lights I'll be in business there. Meanwhile, still trying to hunt down an 83 Honda Civic vent... or even the whole hood, or perhaps even the whole car! he he! Anyone know of a good online salvage yard(s) that they use ?