Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knott's Berry Kit Car Show

Knott's Berry Kit Car Show

My wife and I are thinking about hitting the Knott's Berry show in a couple weeks. We'll have to fly, and because of the late decision, it's going to run us about $1500 (well, the show AND spending a week in California). Anyway, I just wondered who had been to the show in years past. Any thoughts? Worth the trip? What's typically on display? Many Ferraris? All I know of the show is what I've seen in the magazines... No comment there :

Re: Knott's Berry Kit Car Show

I have been to the Carlisle show but not the Knott's. The Carlisle was great. A friend took his Countach to Knott's last year to try and sell. A group from Chicago dove and trailered some cars. Everyone of them I talked to was VERY disappointed in the show. He said not one other countach was there. I don't think there were any 355's either. I wonder if all the California lawyers kept them away? There were tons of speedsters and cobras again. Anyway,,,,,maybe someone else can give you a better idea. Keep this in mind,,,,,,The weather in Cali will probably be three times better than in Pa! It almost always rains for their show. 8)

I have enjoyed the show for a couple of years now. What is not known is the weather or what cars are going to show up. But, that is a kit car show. I mean, if you go to a Corvette show, you will see Corvettes, but kit cars are weird vehicles built by weird people. Every year is different. That is part of the fun.

I can tell you that I am going.

I've also heard from other people who attended the Knott's show last year that was a BIG BUST!!

On the other hand I've been to the last 3 Carlisle Replica weekend and has been very impressed everytime....Last year I was there on Saturday and Sunday for the first time and I enjoyed it very much....I'm going to Carlisle again this year and maybe bringing my 308 for show and sale (if the money is right)....

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

When is the show.

When I've been there, there have been a TON of cobra replicas followed by many lambos; these 2 FAR out-numbered the other models. Ferraris were few. My honest thoughts are to save your money if you're looking for ferrari replicas. However, if you want to just look at what people built with no particular expectations and try to enjoy southern calif and Knottsberry Farm, it might be worth the expense. I'm guessing, but I think the Carlisle show is bigger, so you might see a wider selection there. Let me also tell you that there has been a LOT of rain here the past few months - matter of fact, it's raining as I type this I'm going to the show, but it's only a 20 minute drive ...

rain or not, it's a must for anyone local really. expect alot of cobras, many lotus super 7's, many many porsche speedsters, a half dozen diablos (great) and the TG booth, and finally a couple ferraris (usually TRs and daytonas).
    i go for the diablos, it's always alot of fun and there's always rare stuff like the DDR last year. honnestly i dont pay too much attention tot he cobras and speedsters anymore, i look through them all but after seeing 40+, it gets old for someone like me who hasn't built one nor plans to. (mainly since most are built from the same kit/chassis/interior/drivetrain)
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

It's only a week away, I'm going also from Northern Cali. It will be my first time going to any kitcar based show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull
    When is the show.
    22nd and 23rd of this month (next satruday and sunday)

I am flying from PA to visit Ron, Chris, and Shane and we plan to attend the show. I hope it is not a disappointment like some of you guys are saying. I went to Carlisle a couple of years ago and other than two diablos and a cobra with a viper motor, there was not much to see there either. Just my opinion though.
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Quote Originally Posted by superstang460
    I am flying from PA to visit Ron, Chris, and Shane and we plan to attend the show. I hope it is not a disappointment like some of you guys are saying. I went to Carlisle a couple of years ago and other than two diablos and a cobra with a viper motor, there was not much to see there either. Just my opinion though.
    Even if the show is a bust the west coast partying will make up for it Bob.