Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who made the swoopy 308

Who made the swoopy 308

I was wondering if anyone knows who made this kit??

Im sure you all have looked at the car..I see all the Ebay and Kitcars.com cars..

I like the look of the kit and think the body lines are so close to the real thing its unreal..
    http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=7686

[img][/img]

Re: Who made the swoopy 308

whoa, deja vu, this topic has been addressed in the post right before this one right around the end of page 1,beginning of page 2. What I have surmised so far is that it a "stinger" kit that was available for a short time in small numbers in Canada.If you do find any info on one, it seems there are at least 6 people that have expressed an interest in the body kit only, so lets make molds if any of us find one.I for one would love to have that body to put on a donor car I have laying around. If anyone finds one of these kits or has one that can be splashed, share the wealth! there are tons of people who will buy it.

whoa, my number of posts is 308!!! oh S**t now its 309

I hear you. This is like the same post. I too looked for years to find a Stinger Kit with no luck. I look every day just incase...

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

For an update on the Stinger car, Check the other post we have going with multiple conversations going on.

I just e-mailed the (hopefully) previous maker of the Stinger Kit. It looks like the molds may be gone but I'm trying to track them down . WHo knows>

Try here:

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=6610.0
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

;D

It can be a Fejer kit from canada .
    Because of the rims ,he used them very much on his cars .

See pic .

These wheels are very common on a lot of 308 replicas.....The cars you posted above are ALL Mera copies - nothing unique about the build...The (ugly) rear wing on the Red 308 replica is a Fiero left-over item.

The "Stinger" 308 replica has an authentic looking 308 nose section, correct door curves and correct opening rear engine deck lid...Even the outside door pull handle is copied correctly.

Study the photos on the first post and you'll see the differences...

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Quote Originally Posted by goyal99
    These wheels are very common on a lot of 308 replicas.....The cars you posted above are ALL Mera copies - nothing unique about the build...The (ugly) rear wing on the Red 308 replica is a Fiero left-over item.

The "Stinger" 308 replica has an authentic looking 308 nose section, correct door curves and correct opening rear engine deck lid...Even the outside door pull handle is copied correctly.

Study the photos on the first post and you'll see the differences...
    VK

Yep..
    The stinger is the only kit I have seen that has the distinctive "swoop" down the door panels..
    The Fajer kit has a realistic front clip but lacks the side profile lines of the stinger..

<---STINGER------

<---STINGER-----

Wow;

Cut that roof section down 2", put in the 355 extended screen from Trevman in Australia and you would have an almost exact copy of the 308 sitting on a Fiero. Very nice lines.

That is the one thing I always looked at with the Meras and copies of the Meras, the door lines and the front fender lines were just too straight versus the real thing.

The Stinger is very nice....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

all of those cars look stunning, especially the Stinger, makes me drool
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com