Thread: Help me find a good deal

Help me find a good deal

Well I got screwed out of both the cars I was looking at.. >
    Is there any decent COMPLETED Ferrari (308,328,355,rossa) Or Lambo replicas out there for 15 grand or under????
    If anyone knows of anything available or can dig something decent out of your garage please let me know..

Thanks..
    --Mark--

Re: Help me find a good deal

It is possible, but it really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a 600hp Cobra or a built Lambo then no way. (nor would you want one of those cars if they were really $10k.)

Hands down the cheapest way to buy a kit car is on a spouse sale. Find some poor guy who's wife is forcing the sale. (This is way rule number one on building a kit car is to have a supporing wife. If she is not into it at the begging, then at about 50% into the build when one has all the money into the project and the car looks like a bunch of parts that will "never" be finished, she will lose it.)

I have seen some complete kit cars for less than $10k, but they are mostly Sterling, Avenger and the such. Have you check with your local kit car club?

308/328 usually go for about 6 to 12k depending on condition, so just keep looking for those. those TG murcis are not worth $40k, i don't know who would pay that much for a fiero v6, decent body, and no attention to details really (it's a very basic car). replica early diablo wheels, home depot mesh vents on the interior, and so on :-[
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

How many cars do you have sitting around Bill ??? Any extra good ones???
    C'mon..You dont need all those beater Fieros sitting around do ya???

Porsche turbo convertable rolling chassis. $3500.
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=305933
    Neat looking porsche 356 speedster. $9500
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=285325

Quote Originally Posted by swoodard23
    Porsche turbo convertable rolling chassis. $3500.
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=305933
    Neat looking porsche 356 speedster. $9500
    http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=285325
    Interesting..The turbo look 911 is nice looking ...But needs a lot of work from the description..

The 356 looks like a nice classic but I am looking fo something more modern and mainly not troublesome VW based..

Thanks for looking for me.

I will look, my gut tells me you want a Ferrari replica correct? There was one like the red Testarossa in California about 6 months ago that went for $10k. Tell what part of the country you live in so I can help you locate something you might be able to travel and see. Take care. Bill

I actually like all my cars and the only one I don't you wouldn't want because it still needs plenty of work and $$$ to finish the 355 Spider. I have a feeling I'll end up having it done after I take delivery on my F40.

Quote Originally Posted by aa2uk
    I will look, my gut tells me you want a Ferrari replica correct? There was one like the red Testarossa in California about 6 months ago that went for $10k. Tell what part of the country you live in so I can help you locate something you might be able to travel and see. Take care. Bill

I actually like all my cars and the only one I don't you wouldn't want because it still needs plenty of work and $$$ to finish the 355 Spider. I have a feeling I'll end up having it done after I take delivery on my F40.
    Your gut feeling is right..I should have been more specific about what Im looking for..

I dont want anyone to go out of thier way searching for a car..But if you happen to notice a nice deal on a decent modern exotic..(308,328,355,testarossa or lambo) Post it up..
    The location of the car doesnt matter so much since I live in Minnesota and would have to travel to inspect the car..Replicas are almost non exsistant in this area..I had found plane tickets for cheap to go look at the car in Denver so I would plan on traveling to look at potential candidates if they look worth the effort..

Thanks again..
    --Mark--

Seems decent cars for under 10k are realy hard to find....

Who has or knows of anything in the 15k range??

How about this 355 on kitcars.com..
    Has the northstar installed but the nightmare of getting it wired in isnt done yet..I have heard of many problems with getting these things running properly ...Is that true??? I bet he is having problems with it or he wouldnt get the car this far along and then give up saying he is no mechanic..

http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=7932

And the lambo that also needs work but complete for the most part
    http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/A...sified_id=7900