Thread: Jet Beetle

Jet Beetle

No really a kitcar but some pretty cool engineering went into building it.

http://www.freewebs.com/jet_beetle/

Where's this guy getting the jet engines?
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Re: Jet Beetle

Those jet powered vehicles are all over now

Here is a motorcycle and a car showing off at a local parking lot..I like the officer looking at the VW..How can these cars be street legal with flame throwers pointing out the back ???

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...0555E2849E.htm

the jet engines are ex-military usually, or from commercial aircraft. the regulations are that they can only fly forsomething like 15000 hours (i forget the #) and then the engines need to be replaced for safety reasons. so for about $1500 you can pick up a turbine from a helicopter (like a Bell Jetranger) and use it on whatever you want. if the engine fails you fdont fall out of the sky, you're already on the ground.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

autoMX. seems like we know way too much of the same thing... every time Im about to hit 'post' i read your comment and its exactly the same. sometimes nearly word for word
    -Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Epic
    autoMX. seems like we know way too much of the same thing... every time Im about to hit 'post' i read your comment and its exactly the same. sometimes nearly word for word
    Oh come on now guyz ... replication of cars is one thing but cloning each other !!! We just are not going to buy into that one LOL

nah my friend linked me to a jet in a guys driveway and was like 'WTF??? HOW DID HE AFFORD THAT' and i said 'helicopters usually get rid of them after 15,000 hours and they still have a good 10,000 hours on them but the regulations wouldnt take a chance, you can actually pick one up for around 2g' or something along those lines.
    -Rob

or you could build a pulse jet car like on Junkyard Wars, they made a jet drag kart with a propane tank from a BBQ and a couple of U shaped pipes. now that was impressive.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

omg. lol. we had this conversation too.

....how the end 'U' of the pipe was so red, and how it was so loud they all had to cover their ears...

but for some reason I was remembering a pulse jet on a boat...

and what was up with them always using upside-down van roofs for boats?

I miss that show.
    -Rob

it went on in the UK for quite a while longer, and i saw it thanks to the internet

it's funny how many good kit car related ideas that show brought. V drive rear/mid engined car, snipping the driveshaft for rear/mid engine setup, all the engine and tranny setups, chassis designs, and so on.

Forgot how long ago it must've been, but there was a mkII Mr2 with a jet engine on ebay. At first glance it looked like a photoshop.