Thread: ferrari 328, what do you say..

ferrari 328, what do you say..

What would you say about this?
    This seems to be one of the few (if not the only) newer kitcars in whole country. Can you recognise maker of kit. How original it looks to your eye, not talking about interior (cant do a thing to it, otherwise there will be over 50% parts changed and it becomes a new car that needs to be taxed 100% and go trough all safety dibadaba), wheels could do better.

Ferrari 328

translation:
    Factory build -97, engine driven 30tkm, GM 3.1 V6 + Hestec injection (cost 9K), about 180hp/300nm from rear wheels, removable sunroof

Cheers
    Sam

Re: ferrari 328, what do you say..

What do you mean by new?? Its a 1985 fiero based 328 kit. I have the 308 version, this one just has a different lower front section. All the rest is the same as all the other 308 kits. It could look better with some decent wheels, but im not sure about the look of that sill extension thing they have put on.
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

This brings up a question I have. I have a 308 and a Mera, I always wanted a 328. Would it be possible to convert my 308 to a 328 and if so where would I get the parts? Take care. Bill

Hi,bill would you post a pic of you 308 replica,I just want to see the differences of mera vs 308 replicas.thanx David S.

I agree with the above post. That looks just like the average "run of the mill" 308 / 328 bodies. Other than the red headlights, different wheels and 328 front nose, and the sunroof, It's identical to mine.

Hey Bill. I actually saw a 308 replica converted to a 328 once. I don't know about yours but other than my hood. My entire front end is 1 pc (like I'm guessing most are) so I guess you could just use another front clip for a 328 . The one I saw (it was done very well) had the front nose cut inside the body line and then a 328 nose was added.

I know Fibersmith sells the fenders and I think the nose seperately as well as the front end but I think the front clip is a 308. Not sure about the nose.

The only thing I don't like about the 328's (real or replica) is the rear bumper area. I like the "vents" of the 308. The 328's had that different (very plain) area under the rear bumper. In fact, the real 328's actually sit a bit higher than the 308's (U.S. Models) because of some height / ground clearance regulation that the US cars had to meet. (I think it has something to do with loading the cars for transport. I read it on one of the Ferrari sites.).

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

I will take some pictures of the Mera and 308 side by side. Other than the hood center vents I would swear the 308 was splashed off of a Mera. I'm going to take some pictures this weekend and post them if the rain holds off here. Also the Testarossa is completely re-assembled so I will be posting pictures of that as well. I haven't driven it yet, I have been to busy with work. Take care. Bill

Hi Bill,

I'd be curious to see the pics side by side. When I compared my current 308 to a real Mera, they were (I would say) Identical. All of the panels looked the same. I think the Mera I compared mine to actually sat just a bit lower but I'm guessing that may have been a difference in the 88 suspension compared to my 85 but I could'nt tell them apart.

I was also amazed (as well as the owner) that the quality of my body on my 308 seemed to be better / smoother. I'm sure this could have been due to a repaint, mabye damage to the Mera or extra prep on my kit. It's really hard to tell but the bodies (except for the center vent on mine) were "clones".

Brian
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

-If you build it...they will buy.-

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    What do you mean by new?? Its a 1985 fiero based 328 kit. I have the 308 version, this one just has a different lower front section. All the rest is the same as all the other 308 kits. It could look better with some decent wheels, but im not sure about the look of that sill extension thing they have put on.
    Sorry, newer means that only kitkars here are made to Beetle chassis, so this is "new" compared to those. I soo the car on the road, tried to keep up whit it to stop and ask, but red light didnt allow me. It looks kinda "boxy" from rear, is that common?