Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exotic Glass?

Exotic Glass?

Dear members,

I have a question regarding exotic glass and was hoping that someone could share whatever information they have with me.

I had recently placed an order with Exotic glass (thru their CA sales rep.) for a countach replica; kit was to be ordered from Euro-Works. Upon signing the contract, I was asked by the rep to wire 50% deposit to his account, note that I was not to send $ directly to Robert Proulx, the builder himself... I had tried to contact the builder himself for the past week with no luck of getting a hold of him.

Does anyone know what is going on with Exotic Glass?

Any information you can share is truly appreciated!!!

jsweeney

Re: Exotic Glass?

I have spoken with Robert before; he seems like a decent guy.

Having said that, I would never give thousands of dollars to anyone who couldn't keep their phone connected.
    Over the past 18 months, his cell phone comes and goes (and this was prior to Katrina), just as you'd suspect with someone who couldn't pay his bills.

I am having someone else build my car since I could never stay in contact with him.

I'd use your judgement here....would you feel nervous if you couldn't get in touch with someone you sent 20 grand to?

Chris

Have you thought about using an irrevocable letter of credit through a bank. That way the builder will know the funds are available and best of all, if the deal goes south, you don't loose any money other than bank fees for the LOC. When I used to import parts from the Pacific Rim companies, the process worked well and should work for a car builder.

Best of luck,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by jsweeney
    Thank you Chris for your reply! I guess it is quite obvious what is going on here, I just had to hear it from somebody else. Gosh, I was completely cite about getting my 5000s built! And from what I understand, due to the low profit margin, no one else out there is building it anymore. Or is there?

jsweeney
    J. Call Alan he can fix you up with a good builder. Alan just authorized Exotic Illusions to build EuroWorks cars too. They build some nice cars. Also Total Performance is building a car for a guy in New York right now. There site is www.kitsandrods.com Hope this helps you out.

P

I talked with robert before he seemed to be a down to earth good guy. He has helped me in the past with some ? I had on my build. He is on here alot I'd send him a PM. I don't know the guy you gave the money to. That part my be a scam, I don't know. I like to deal with the person doing the work. NO MIDDLE MAN.

Wow, this forum really works!

I would like to thank everyone who had taken their time to send in their advice. I was just informed that Robert is on vacation at this time and will be contacting me directly once he is back in a few days. I am planning to meet with him in person and place my order with him directly. Can't wait, from what I understand, he is still one of the best replica builders out there. Will keep everyone posted.

jsweeney

I,ve been by at exotic glass acouple of times to check out what they were working on. I live about an hour and a half from them. Each time those guys were great, super nice. Me and my brother in law bought some fiero parts from them, basicly we filled up the back of a full size truck with parts for like $100. As far as quality of what they build, First class,best I,ve ever seen. If I were you I would do some checking on that middle man.

Well hopefully you have your money in hand.Was this guys name vick? Yikes that was a close call.And as far as Robert goes I understanad that he is a straight shooter.If you can get him to build your car you will not be sorry with the end result.His attention to detail is out of this world.but deal with Robert and nobody else goodluck
    1BadF40 And now runnin with the Devil

Is this the robert associated with rarecars.com.
    1987 Mera (Sold)<br />1997 Riot (Sold)<br />1956 Vintage 356 (Sold)<br />Elite 917 (Sold)<br />65 Shelby cobra protoype (Sold)<br /><br />Looking for a complete TR512/ 550 spyder/ 356 Outlaw/ Unimog 416 Doka

Quote Originally Posted by jsweeney
    Wow, this forum really works!

I would like to thank everyone who had taken their time to send in their advice. I was just informed that Robert is on vacation at this time and will be contacting me directly once he is back in a few days. I am planning to meet with him in person and place my order with him directly. Can't wait, from what I understand, he is still one of the best replica builders out there. Will keep everyone posted.

jsweeney
    Visit Kitcentral.com and you will see the fantastic reputation Robert has. I think he is the john watson of lamborghini replicas. Solid as rock for reputation.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman