Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wich one do you like best????

Wich one do you like best????

Okay guys.
    I have another hard decision and could use your input...What replica looks best

CAR # 1 This is a 1985 car with 2,500 miles on a Rebuilt V6 and 4 speed..

CAR # 2 This is a 1988 car with 160,000 miles on a 2.5L 4cyl and 5 speed..

The owner states these are real $6,000 Ferrari wheels..I cant find a real Ferrari other than the 288GTO that have wheels similar to those..They look like compomotive wheels to me but dont have the hub lock I see on the comp wheels..Does anyone know what wheels these realy are???
    The wheels..Real Ferrari?? or some other brand???

..What do you think of the engine cover??

Notice the vents behind the headlights.. Are these unusual on a kit??

SO # 1 OR # 2 ???

Re: Wich one do you like best????

Ah, get them both. The 4cyl would make a good daily driver. Just replace the seat covers with something from Mr Mikes. Now the 85 will need new rims, and the rest you could fix over time. Just remember, you cannot have too many cars, but you can have a lack of parking. Come to think of it, get a lift for you garage also.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    Ah, get them both. The 4cyl would make a good daily driver. Just replace the seat covers with something from Mr Mikes. Now the 85 will need new rims, and the rest you could fix over time. Just remember, you cannot have too many cars, but you can have a lack of parking. Come to think of it, get a lift for you garage also.
    ;D
    Wish I could get both of them ...

I got lots of parking so if you need to park your complete running replicas someplace just park them here and leave the keys

This is a easier way to compare the look of both cars.

I would like the interior of the first and the exterior of the second.
    The second one is my choice, but I would be one to swap the interior out for something like the first. It depends what you want though!Everything about the second is better except for the interior, rims, paint
    accuracy...are all of its best aspects.

Good Luck!
    Alex

Another big factor is how much more work you're willing to put into it.

The second one will have better handling being on an 88 chassis, but that engine will have a hard time keeping you happy.
    If you had the first car with the 2.8, I think you'd put up with a lot more dissatisfaction from it before you swapped in something better. Investing a similar amount of time and money replacing a duke on the other hand is simply logical, and easier to justify to the wife / conscience / checkbook etc.

So my short answer is that I vote for the second car. Hands down.

P.S. I don't know if those wheels are real or not, but they sure are cool

Body of the 88 is a bit more "authentic". Engine cover is'nt but the headlights and vents behind them are far better (at least to me) that the usual 308 headlights like on my car and the # 1 Car.

Original Ferrari wheels have a different bolt pattern and offset so unless he is using wheel adapters or has had custom hubs made, they may be replicas.

They look like the Compomotive TS wheels but the center area looks a bit different. (hard to tell from the pic though.) Great looking wheels though. They look like the 288 GTO wheels.

Same deal as before, If they are close to PA, NJ etc, and you need someone to take a look at them, let me know. I'd be glad to do it.

PS. I agree with the others. The v6 and the dash in the first car would be great in the other car.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

The wheels are American Racing I have a full set of 16" rims 12" rear and 8" fronts. I like the 2nd car a little better everyone seems to agree the interior and wheels would look great swapped!
    Take care. Bill

I'd say get the second car and do an interior and engine swap. The exterior on the second one look way nicer then the first. Good luck.

Thanks for the input guys..

I thought it did kinda have the 288 gto look with the 308 lights and hood and 3pc star wheels..
    Has anyone seen a engine cover like that before?? Its not authentic but I like it a lot..