Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any idea of kit maker for this ?

any idea of kit maker for this ?

i just picked up this 2001 Lamborghini diablo roadster kit and i am going to finish it but it would be great to know the manufacturer of this kit or if any one can help me with a place to get parts like emblems and acc i also need a windshield .
    i built a GT-40 kit years ago so this is not new to me but have been out of it for a while .
    i will try to attach some pics ? any good tips ? it is a fiero based chassis with small block Chevy no pulley stystem yet and the room in front of the engine is so close to the back firewall ( behind seats ) how do you get anything in there ? cut and modify firewall ? and tips would be great or links to help me through building this .

if these are not here go here http://www.shatterstonerocks.com/Cop...0bookings.html

thank you very much !! and i am sure i will be a regular on this site now that i found it .

SWITTA !

Re: any idea of kit maker for this ?

You may want to ask the experts over at kitcentral.com. It is a support forum for lamborghini replica builders. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Where are you located?

At first glace it looks like a Exotic Re-bodies kit. The warp in the front fenders and the lower doors is a dead give away. Joe at Exotic bought the molds from Steve at Triangle G and then has sense sold them again. You should be abe find parts pretty easy. Its amazing how many times these molds exchange hands. People splash parts and then sale.. good luck with the project.

PS. did you remodel your kitchen lately? Stylen cabinets in your garage. ;D

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

i think he's just building the car in his kitchen ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Quote Originally Posted by EEExotic
    Where are you located?

At first glace it looks like a Exotic Re-bodies kit. The warp in the front fenders and the lower doors is a dead give away. Joe at Exotic bought the molds from Steve at Triangle G and then has sense sold them again. You should be abe find parts pretty easy. Its amazing how many times these molds exchange hands. People splash parts and then sale.. good luck with the project.

PS. did you remodel your kitchen lately? Stylen cabinets in your garage. ;D

David
    thank you sir and yes i did remodel my kitchen ! now thats funny

i am from iowa sorry i did not see that at first . : any idea on where to get a windshield ?

Quote Originally Posted by switta
    i am from iowa sorry i did not see that at first . : any idea on where to get a windshield ?
    They all used '98 Maxima glass cut down.. But as we all know its a gamble to cut it down and then it looks weird in the frame. the tinted srip in there and then its gone where it was trimmed. Call Rick at D&R he can supply you with OE glass. you may need to build a templet to verify size but they are all about the same.. the glass is out there just depends on if you want it right. best of luck

D&R phone #

any help on how to get ahold of him ? i search for it but come up with all kinds of things ?
    i found a recipt for the body it is a ninja roadster bought at The shoppe in AZ but the phone # is disconected and the website has not been updated sence 01 .
    Thank You .

i believe trevor (i think) in australia is making the replica glass that most builders use, laminated windshield + tempered side.

D&R info at their site:
    www.kitcardreams.com
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Re: D&R phone #

Quote Originally Posted by switta
    any help on how to get ahold of him ? i search for it but come up with all kinds of things ?
    i found a recipt for the body it is a ninja roadster bought at The shoppe in AZ but the phone # is disconected and the website has not been updated sence 01 .
    Thank You .
    The Shoppe was a builder for Exotic Re-bodies.. so Yes that where it came from. I'll get some contact info on Rick at D&R.