Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back - any suggestions for this kitcar site?

I'm back - any suggestions for this kitcar site?

Hey everyone,
    After a 6 week trip to Asia, I'm back home now. I've noticed a few spammers have showed up while I was gone - I just banned their usernames and deleted their ads. If you can notify me of any inappropriate messages as well that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions for kitcar.ca - new features, changes to current features - they don't have to relate directly to the forum, but rather a kitcar site in general.

Thanks
    Ari

Re: I'm back - any suggestions for this kitcar site?

How about build galleries similar to what is done on kitcentral.com?
    Perhaps it could be an option in our profiles?
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Thats a great idea. Maybe divide them by make to make searching easier too. Kitcentral also has a great links section geared toward lambo stuff. Maybe compile links of all types of kit car resources organized by kit type. Also a too lazy to search thread sticky at the top of the page is always a great idea. Post links to the most frequently asked questions. This is already a great site. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.
    Scott

Both the build gallarys and link sections are good ideas - we had a link section at one point but it fell apart while moving servers.

How about linking up to other exotic replicar/kitcar forums to increase interaction and create a large community? It would be nice to see what the Lambo guys are doing without having to flip to a different forum.

hope you had a good time ..thats quite a trip ...have a good summmer with your car if your out and driving i drop in ...john 905-579-9004

Quote Originally Posted by Amida
    How about linking up to other exotic replicar/kitcar forums to increase interaction and create a large community? It would be nice to see what the Lambo guys are doing without having to flip to a different forum.

I'm planning on doing some link exchanges with other sites, but are you talking about setting up a lambo-specific section on this site? I am considering that as well, although some people have mentioned to me one thing they enjoy about this site is its simplicity.

I'm also supportive of the gallery idea. Perhaps each member could have his/her own gallery that could be reached from his/her profile.

Maybe there could be some sort of 'How To' forum with articles like 'how to stretch a fiero', 'how to mold parts', or 'how to reinforce a chassis when the roof is to be removed''. Users could post requests for articles they'd like to see, but only select forum members would have access to create new topics.

there are pluses and minuses to a more narrowly defined forum sections, sometimes they can get too cumbersome. maybe a keyword search guide to cull out the specific car build sections or whatever categories people are asking for and still have a simple forum structure.
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC