Thread: questions exhaust system Diablo kit ?

questions exhaust system Diablo kit ?

just built half my exhayst system and i am not sure i like the location of the muffler ?

should it be out side the engine bay ? i really do not want to use the shorty headders so i built my own .
    i have tried to find pictures of what other people did but have not had much luck .

your ideas are welcome
    SWITTA !

Re: questions exhaust system Diablo kit ?

Heat may be an issue, make sure you're not to close to the glass and maybe fab up some heat baffles.
    Maybe lower the Muffler a bit, getting it lower may give you some more deck lid clearence as well as some space for the heat to go.
    Try running your pipes lower and rotating the muffler (think of it as putting your finished piece on the other side) to get the pipes quite a bit lower and out of the way. You'll also get better engine presentation this way as well as easier access. Exiting exhaust at the top of the muffler may not be the best idea now that I think about it because the Diablo exhaust is at the bottom of the car and not halfway up it like the GT.

What model Diablo are you making anyway? VT, SV, SE?
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

thank you !
    i am going to move it back and down a bit and make heat shields .
    i am new at this but i belive it will be a VT roadster ?

Do you have to pass a IM test where you live? You have plenty of room to run cats if needed. I used the same muffler on my Porsche 911 without cats and its pretty loud. A good rule of thumb when building or attaching anything that like exhaust that doesn't need to be high on the chassis. Keep your weight as low as possible. the muffler is heavy and can be rotated to keep it as low as possible. The engine bay creates allot of heat and the muffler holds the heat there. if possible put the muffler behind the rear firewall and or encase it in a insulated heat exchange. much like the factory does. Any_Key is right it doesn't look right, if you use a engine cover you'll run into problems. You could run the exhaust under the rear firewall and back up to the muffler outside the engine bay..
    http://www.lambobuilder.com/edb/Engi...st/Exhaust.htm
    http://lambolounge.com/Chassis/Engin...Andy/index.asp
    http://lambolounge.com/Chassis/Engin...elly/index.asp
    http://lambolounge.com/Chassis/Engin...ooth/index.asp
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

I completly forgot about Cats, we're not tested here in Florida.
    I didn't even think about the rear firewall.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

The muffler is too large and too high in the engine bay. You don't want to show off your big muffler when you open the engine compartment. It's okay to show off your engine and your welding ability if you make some nice custom headers though. Check out these pictures of a couple of GT40 "bundle o snakes" exhaust.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Another.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.