Thread: 1st post be gentle

1st post be gentle

Grabbed a 87 Fiero GT and really want to start on f355 spyder. Like many, I am doing it in stages. I am not making my priority authenticity from the start because of finances. This is for me! I have a starting point as the interior because it definitely needs an overhaul. It seems like 3k is what it will take. Is that high or low? Where is a reliable source for interiors. My second priority is brakes/suspension. I stumbled on a site that said the rear upgrade is not necessary because the majority of the braking is from the front anyway. That being said, I fell in love with the Heldmotorsports 13" kit. Very pricy! Looked at their widening as well. All said and done, I want the look of the F355 spyder but not the cost of a new Corvette. Bottom line, what I found was Mr Mike's Leather, found replacement carpet but where to be cutting cost on the dash? How do I obtain the brakes and suspension without 5K?

Re: 1st post be gentle

There's a few sources out ther that explain how to adapt other brakes, like Grand Am brakes, to the Fiero. I'd check Pennock's fiero forum (http://www.fiero.nl/) and use the search function.

As for Held's 13 inchers...

I love them too... That's why I HAD to have them

I also have their suspension, but you do not need to go completely nuts with a new suspension... Using "Fiero Store" lowering springs and poly bushings, less expensive shocks like KYBs and after market or custom wheel spacers you can get similar results for less money. Just don't go racing around on those wheel spacers too much

If you're interested, you can check out my build diary at:
    http://www.gopc.com/F355/F355x.html
    or Ari's Diary at:
    http://kitcar.ca/only4ari/

There's lots of good stuff there. Motivating stuff. "Happy" stuff

Enjoy the process... and as an added bonus, you get a great car when you're finished

DKOV -

By the way, the interior on my Interiors page, is still able to be purchased... if you're interested. Runs $1200 now (up $150 from 3 months ago) but worth it. B&B sells one to, identicle in fact, for alot more. They have some nicer pictures though... prepped as mine have not been in my pics. Both are very nice.

Mr. Mike's is THE source, in my opinion. Have them myself! You can't get better

DKOV - I appreciate your opinion. I have checked out your build diary many times and enjoy it. I'm fighting my decision on the brakes the most because I can't believe it is absolutely necessary. I like them, want them, but do I need them? I'm not going to go V8 with the cost of a remanufactured 2.8 - 3.1 being so cheap and easy. The Fiero store brake kit for the front with the new master cylinder and braided brake lines all around, and even the slotted rotors all around would accomplish that brake boost that is needed. I'm not a racer but more 350 miles a week in the summer time. Maybe 6 months of the year (6-8k miles a year). Do you think that is ok on spacers? Where is the dask kit the $1200? I may start on that. thanks - - oceanguy

Here is a thread about the 355 dash kit. It originally came from a guy in Montreal, who designed the plugs and made hte original mold. Since then it has been splashed by many sorts of different companys, DKOV knows of some of them.

You can reach the guy in montreal (His Name is Andre) at spiderinteriors@hotmail.com, or (514) 816-6009

What do you think of this from v8archie?
    This fiberglass interior kit includes:

*CUSTOM DASH BOARD

*CUSTOM GLOVE BOX LINER

*CUSTOM CONSOLE

*CUSTOM DOOR PANELS

*CUSTOM BACK PANEL

*VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS

http://www.v8archie.com/parts.htm
    Sorry, I'm not sure how to post the pictures? I will search other post for that answer. Hey that wasn't too hard.