Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody actually did it! A Fiero engine in a Ferrari!

Somebody actually did it! A Fiero engine in a Ferrari!

I saw this and thought it was too funny! Someone went through all the trouble of replacing a blown engine in a real 308 with a GM 2.8. It's carburated but otherwise it sure looks familiar. Probably out of a S-10. What a shame to go through all that trouble and not put something more powerful.
    What's next? Put a Fiero body on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...QQcmdZViewItem
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Re: Somebody actually did it! A Fiero engine in a Ferrari!

sounds and looks retarded

To bad they didn't put a TH-125 transmission in it! Good for a few laughs.

The guy who bought it was on kitcars.com asking about rims for it... I first when he told me it was a real 308 with GM drivetrain I was floored. Nice idea still bad for insurance...lol

I used to own that car back in 2000. I ended up selling it to a guy in tennesee who came and paid cash and drove it from Va to Tennesee. I originally bought it from Miami. about two years after I sold it I was subpoena'd by the Tennesee Attorneys office to testify against the guy who turned out to be a money launderer and got life in prison. The car went to a govt auction which I was planning on going to to but it back, but never did. The dealer in TN bought it from the auction (for cheap) and resold it to that guy on ebay. I emailed the new owner to say hi and tell him my history with it, but he never responded, oh well. I bid up to 18k on it but he got it for the BIN price of $19900.

Interesting!
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Yes..Interesting history..

That's actually the 2nd one I've seen this year.

One Yellow one with 2.8 Automatic (Yikes) a few months ago and then this one. Which I missed !.

I look all the time for a Real 308 / 328 (but with no engine or trans). I'd like to get it down to my friends body shop, and get a SBC / Manual in there.

The last yellow one went for $18K. I'd consider picking one up I guess with the 2.8 but I'd rather save a few $$$ and find one without an engine.

*** If anyone ever comes across one, Let me know. I look all the time but every now and again, 1 slips by. I really should start a thread. The more eyes looking the better. ***

I do agree with the above post: Real Ferrari + GM V-6 = More $$$$ for Insurance. Although you do get the massive Horsepower Blast of 130HP in A Ferrari ! (What was my point???)
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

a rolling chassis 308 sold for $4500 last year, full body and interior, wheels and suspension, needed 2 tail light lenses and a drivetrain.

a 3800SC would pretty much match the original engine in performance, especially one now after 25 years, and you could always register it as a kit car and insure it as one, just say the donor chassis was a ferrari ;D
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I've seen a few here and there but many had body damage.

I'd love to find a "roller". I'm sure one will pop up. It only takes a few days of not searching to miss one though.

I noticed the Place that sold the one above is no long a registered user on E-bay. (Great news for the buyer).

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.