Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Countach kits?

Countach kits?

Does anyone remember the movie speed zone back in the late 80's?. There was a real Countach in there as well as a few kits including one that was ripped up by hand! lol! that one is not the one im looking for. But does anyone know about the company who built those kits?.

There was also a very nice countach replica used in alot of the stunts that looked an awful lot like the orginal the only diffrence between them is the rear taillights. My guess is it could be a Prova Countach or even a Euroworks kit.
    So whats wrong with a replica?

Re: Countach kits?

I know the Prova was in It Takes Two, But Im not sure what countach was used for speed zone(cannonball run 3)

If your looking for an exact Countach kit, I wuld check out Euroworks LTD or Jemco (Easton Armstrong.) If you want I can give you John's number. You can't tell the difference between his kits and a real one. Same with Euroworks.

Quote Originally Posted by capt,ginyu
    Does anyone remember the movie speed zone back in the late 80's?. There was a real Countach in there as well as a few kits including one that was ripped up by hand! lol! that one is not the one im looking for. But does anyone know about the company who built those kits?.

There was also a very nice countach replica used in alot of the stunts that looked an awful lot like the orginal the only diffrence between them is the rear taillights. My guess is it could be a Prova Countach or even a Euroworks kit.

In speedzone they were all kits and dont remember the name of company but went there and looked at there kits they were in Texas almost in New Mexico. The cars had a Vette motor and a Porsha trany.
    But the kit was way to much for me. But I did buy a euroworks Mirage S and I am happy with it. Just very slow in getting it done. Here is a link if you would like to check it out. but it hasn`t been updated for a while will update at the end of summer
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238622

I believe the companies name in Texas was CreativeCars. They are no longer in business.

I believe your wright, it was about 15 years ago when I went there

The cars in It takes Two were built by KMC from Hereford Texas , Kester used Easton's bodies , I have one , nice cars .

hmmm everything I have ever heard said that they where Prova bodies in It takes Two

http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/MovieCars/index.html even says they used a couple of prova replicas

Hereford Tx. is place I went to and I talk to the owner there and he told me that the car I was looking at was one like the one he made and sold to the movies makers to be in the movie speed zone but I dont rememeber the name of the company but that was the only movie he talked about to me anyway

Quote Originally Posted by hawk23
    If your looking for an exact Countach kit, I wuld check out Euroworks LTD or Jemco (Easton Armstrong.) If you want I can give you John's number. You can't tell the difference between his kits and a real one. Same with Euroworks.

I, for one, would like to get the number if I could.

I have seen some amazing kits out there which are very, very close to the original. Inside and out. Apparently Euroworks even remembered to put the reflector on the bottom section of the tail lights. The only thing I have never see on a replica Countach is an actual separation of the wheel well flares from the body. On the real Countach, the pieces are attached to the body after the main construction. The extended wheel wells were originally "glued" on to an LP400S to accommodate the much larger 345 Pirelli tire. But you can only tell this if you are a Countach expert/owner, or you look at the car very closely. But 99.9% of people have no idea what they's be looking for anyway.