Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamberti vs Euroworks Mirage Countach

Lamberti vs Euroworks Mirage Countach

Well for around the past 6 months I've been on a silent hunt for an accurate Countach replica. No Fiero frames on this round. Euroworks 'S' series seems to be a viable option, if it looks like this. here:

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/8482/phil3.jpg
    This was a custom car from Euroworks. I'd pay between 30-40k for something like this. On the other hand, they couldn't pay me 30-40k to drive the 'K' model down the road.

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/8482/mirk-2.jpg

(sorry and no offense to anyone who might own one of these, I'm just very big on replicant accuracy)

Instantaneous dead give away as a fake even to a blind guy.

Then of course there's Steve who keeps running his Lamberti Mirage (for the 3rd time) Countach on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lamborghini-Coun...QQcmdZViewItem

Great car, only problem is he wants around 50k for it, and as nice as it is, I just can't feature it, (paying 50k for a replicant that is). Plus it's right hand drive... cool, but it makes it really hard to go through the bank and McDonald's drive thru.

I've been searching and searching and search............well, you get the idea.

So ok, now what. Hmmm. For the prices I'm seeing, and for as long as I've been looking, I'm about to say f__k it and just bid on this job:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...spagenameZWDVW

Or maybe this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lambo...spagenameZWDVW

This car is located right in my own town.

I mean. If I'm going to be paying authentic Countach prices, then I may as well have an authentic Countach car... and just eat the monthly/yearly maintenance costs.

By the way, what do you guys think about the Lamberti Mirage made in the UK (as the dark purple one seen on ebay) as opposed to the Euroworks Mirage (red one in link at top)?

I really want a Countach and I'm going to buy one. Just can't seem to find one at the right place, for the right price, at the right time. How's that for cynical. :P J/K... any thoughts, guys?

Rob

Re: Lamberti vs Euroworks Mirage Countach

That purple one in the U.K. is a fantastic looking car. Nice detail.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Quote Originally Posted by kit4me

That purple one in the U.K. is a fantastic looking car. Nice detail.
    I agree, in fact the only thing that could give this car away, not counting the engine (and you'd have to be an expert or owner to notice it) is that the wheel well flares are not separate pieces, as they are on the real Countach, but rather molded as part of the whole body. But to date I have never seen one Countach replica that has done this. Other than that, the car is fantastic, only a little pricy for a rep.

I've been contemplating the "real vs. replica" countach issue for years. It always comes down to "yes the kit car is a little cheaper, but SOOO much labor". In reality, some of the older countach models, like 400s models can be had from between $45k - $65k. You may think it would be better just to get the real thing.

But the reality hits AFTER the purchase. A replica is MUCH easier and affodable to maintain. I want a countach that I can put 10,000 miles a year on. A real one - forget it! A new lambo clutch (and it will give out on you) runs about $4,000.00 - just for parts! Motor gets old enough to need a valve job. . . well, headwork like that on just the V8 Lambos will set you back over $10,000.00 dollars. Oh, you could save some and do the work yourself, but keep in mind that ALL repair manuals for the older Lambos are written in Italian only - good luck on that one. If you do it yourself, plan on spending most of your time doing detective work finding people to walk you through procedures, etc. - more time with your car sitting in the garage not running.

For the money, the REALITY is that a replica is the only way to go.

Just for the record, here's a recent article showing how even people who are "loaded" with cash give up on an exotic Lambo:

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars...wall/1405.html

Re: Lamberti vs Euroworks Mirage Countachit

That purple Countach is actually a Sienna kit.
    http://www.siennacountach.net/index....tpage&Itemid=1

The same company who started Prova. There is a Prova Countach for sale on eBay right now.
    I don't have the link to it but its on ebay... Its not finished... On the 6th of August I'm going to Jemco Easton Armstrong. He's the guy who supplied the bodies for Prova. Any Countach that is none stretched will look bad... The side windows are to small, the whole car looks like a Hot Wheels match box toy, there is way to much space between the fenders and the tires and the back tires are to narrow... You have to stretch the car and use a good body kit.... If your going to build one or get some one else to build one, its going to cost you at least 50K or more depends on how outrageous you go.

As far as a real one goes, ten grand to re due the clutch, and around forty grand to refresh the motor. There very expensive cars to maintain and the clutch on those things are not a joy to shift with.

Hi,

Stumbled onto this topic and thought I'd correct some misunderstanding I've seen here. I am the admin behind www.siennacountach.net and building a Sienna Countach at the moment.

Sienna was not founded by the same person that founded Prova. Prova was founded by Paul Lawrenson, were Sienna was founded by Alan Booth. Alan started his company as a buildup service for Prova cars.

The purple car, that was owned by someone living in Spain, is a factory build Mirage (built by lamberti), not a Sienna. However it is very likely that the body is Sienna as I found out recently that the Sienna moulds ended up with Lamberti after Sienna Cars went out of business.

An interesting fact is that as I type, someone I know is working hard to re-introduce the Sienna back onto the market albeit under a different name. You can find the details on my site. Also check the history section to get a good view on what really went on in the Countach replica days.

Kind regards,

Theo

--
    admin www.siennacountach.net

Hope that cleared things up a bit!

Re: Lamberti vs Euroworks Mirage Countachit

Quote Originally Posted by hawk23
    That purple Countach is actually a Sienna kit.
    http://www.siennacountach.net/index....tpage&Itemid=1

The same company who started Prova. There is a Prova Countach for sale on eBay right now.
    I don't have the link to it but its on ebay... Its not finished... On the 6th of August I'm going to Jemco Easton Armstrong. He's the guy who supplied the bodies for Prova. Any Countach that is none stretched will look bad... The side windows are to small, the whole car looks like a Hot Wheels match box toy, there is way to much space between the fenders and the tires and the back tires are to narrow... You have to stretch the car and use a good body kit.... If your going to build one or get some one else to build one, its going to cost you at least 50K or more depends on how outrageous you go.

As far as a real one goes, ten grand to re due the clutch, and around forty grand to refresh the motor. There very expensive cars to maintain and the clutch on those things are not a joy to shift with.
    Ok gotta put my 2 cents in also. Easton did not supply Prova he fixed everything wrong with a Prova and splashed it. He supplied guys like Bill Kester, and Daryl Armstrong. In fact he ended up with jigs for Armstrongs Fiero suspension based tube chassis.

Also Svengali you might want to check out this http://www.euroworksexotics.com/Cust...er%20Cars.html

or even their new site www.euroworksexotics.com You have their old site.

P

Easton / Armstrong did indeed not supply Prova with bodies, they were made in-house by Prova.
    I have a friend owning an Easton / Armstrong Countach and one of the issues with this car was that the roofline was way out. The front of the roof was way too low and he is now correcting that. Images can be found here: http://www.siennacountach.net/gallery/Martins-Countach

Theo
    --
    admin www.siennacountach.net

If I really had $70 grand for a car, the LAST thing i'd be buying was a kitcar ......

If I had $70k, I still wouldn't buy a real Countach. The sheer costs of insurance and maintenance would force me to sell the car within a years time.

Let's face it, when you want to run the real one comfortably, you need to have some more money in an old stocking.

I'll stick with my kitcar. I am the one building the car and know it to the last bolt. I like it that way.

Theo

--
    Admin www.siennacountach.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast