Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check this new company and car

Check this new company and car

I love this website and have been a lurker for quite awhile but never posted...great information and cool people.

I wanted to post as my first topic something that I came across this on various websites. This car is supposed to be competing with Ultima and if you are familiar with Ultima you know that they offer cars in the UK in either component form or kit form. This car from what I understand will be marketed similar to that BUT they are located in the U.S. From what I can see on their website it is going to look completely awesome!

Check out the website..they have an email address as well.

www.bornautoworks.com

Re: You have to check this new company and car!

Do they actually have any other pics of the car than that partial one on that page ???

I admit it looks cool, but at least a bit of info on their site would be useful. Is there anywhere to click other than the e-mail address?
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Doh! sorry forgot to say welcome to the forum! ;D ;D :P
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Thanks Drew...glad to be here

I emailed them and they said that more info...pictures, details would be coming soon. The pic is just a teaser........it's working...lol

Yep cirtainly is!

ANyone else noticed the door/side scoop looks like the one used on that design powerhouse showed a while ago?

The one that caused the discussion about if it would actually work as a scoop or not?? (I still dont think it will!)

Also unless the car is going to be about2 feet tall those wheels are going to have to shrink. I dont think they can quite stretch to 30 inch alloys yet!
    It could be like the gt90 - an amazing concept drawing/design, but the practicalities of construction will water it down somewhat.

Im sure the wheels are exagerated a bit. It looks like the intakes would work ok...the F430 uses similar side intakes doesn't it?

Edit...nevermind ..you were speaking of the main side recess vent. Those might allow enough air for oil coolers perhaps but not radiators.

They work in the wrong sense & its counter productive to have them narrow off like that. If you look at the countach or the bonnet of the 360 race version or the f40 the intakes use the NACA principle i.e take a cirtain area of the boundary layer of air running over the car & direct it into a space that is widening. This reduces the pressure of that air (same mass of air now over a larger volume). This reduced pressure air not only allows the air to travel through any radiator/oil cooler etc easier, but also due to the low pressure it actually tries to induce more air to flow into that duct.

This one seems to be trying to work in the exact opposite way. It may look o.k. to some but for me it just shows that the designer was going for form over function.

im wondering if they have a real car. that's 3D/Photoshop.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Yeah its a digi rendering but I was told in my email that more detailed images are supposed to be coming. Apparently the physical car is under still in development and it will be the fall '07 b4 it's unveiled. I'm wondering if it will be at SEMA since they mentioned the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by 993turbo
    Yeah its a digi rendering but I was told in my email that more detailed images are supposed to be coming. Apparently the physical car is under still in development and it will be the fall '07 b4 it's unveiled.
    Welcome to the forum ;D

I have to admid its kinda odd you joined the forum to ask about a car that doesnt exsist..Are you sure you dont own the company?? ;D
    Its hard to believe the car will ever make it far enough to even be a production worthy prototype..The cost of building a car like that from scratch would be astronomical.
    It would be hard to manufacture a factory production quality complete turnkey car like that for under $100k ..And thats a lot of money for a car nobody would recogonize..Even with good marketing it would be a tough.Rember the awesome Vector W8 and W12.. I admit the partial rendering looks great and hope to see what the car realy looks like if they build one..