Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of our Extreme 355 build in the US

Pics of our Extreme 355 build in the US

Here are pics of the car we are building for a customer here in the US. If you are interested in a kit or a build, our new website should be up by the end of the week. You can email me at wimm@nc.rr.com (my info is also on the Extreme website) until the new site is up and running.

Front of car
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...3961.jpg&s=f10
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...1885.jpg&s=f10

Rear of car
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...2066.jpg&s=f10

OEM Rear Light and OEM Badges
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...5551.jpg&s=f10

19" Custom Wheels 2" lip in front & 3" lip in rear (not Extreme Replica)
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...2949.jpg&s=f10

Re: Pics of our Extreme 355 build in the US

How are you fitting the 19's? Are you going for coil overs. 19's wont fit on the front of the mr2 as the front lower spring mount is too low.

Im fitting these 19's to my extreme 355.

The inset one is an 18" genuine & mines trial mounted on my MR2

Pics of the build look good, how easy/difficult did you find it?
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    How are you fitting the 19's? Are you going for coil overs. 19's wont fit on the front of the mr2 as the front lower spring mount is too low.

Im fitting these 19's to my extreme 355.

The inset one is an 18" genuine & mines trial mounted on my MR2

Pics of the build look good, how easy/difficult did you find it?
    I am waiting on my custom adapters, so I will have to give you an update on the wheel fitment next week (if they get here by then)

As far as the build, the CD you get with the kit will pretty much guide you through the build with no major problems.

The adaptors arent really a problem, its the radius of the wheel that causes bother. The base of the spring sits on a plate that is welded to the shock as standard on the MR2. This fixes the maximum distance between the centre of the wheel(hub) and the outer edge of the tyre. An 18" wheel on a very low profile fits just about (may need a little persuasion on the bottom of the spring plate with a hammer), but anything larger just wont fit. You should be able to see the clearance you have with your normal mr2 wheel on. Then calculate the new radius of the 19 with a tyre on & compare. You can get round it by pushing the wheel out past the spring but you have to then use a narrow rim to stop it sticking out of the body.

Sorry if its not clear, I can try to take some photos to show you what I mean if you want.

308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

The car looks great!! Good work!! But I must ask this question, why do the back of all the MR2 kits look wrong? The taillight panel and third brake light area is very different from the Ferrari. Also the back of the deck lid is shaped different. Is there some reason this is? Is it to diffcult to fit the real shape on to the MR2? Please do not take this the wrong way I am not bashing the MR2 kits at all. I really like them, there interiors look great right from Toyota and the removeable tops look awesome.

Thanks
    -Chris

the 2nd gen MR2 (SW20/SW21) have a high rear, their shape is like a wedge (like a dragster) where the fiero and 355 are almost the same in the front and back.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

I will be checking the wheel clearances today, and I will let you know!!

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    The adaptors arent really a problem, its the radius of the wheel that causes bother. The base of the spring sits on a plate that is welded to the shock as standard on the MR2. This fixes the maximum distance between the centre of the wheel(hub) and the outer edge of the tyre. An 18" wheel on a very low profile fits just about (may need a little persuasion on the bottom of the spring plate with a hammer), but anything larger just wont fit. You should be able to see the clearance you have with your normal mr2 wheel on. Then calculate the new radius of the 19 with a tyre on & compare. You can get round it by pushing the wheel out past the spring but you have to then use a narrow rim to stop it sticking out of the body.

Sorry if its not clear, I can try to take some photos to show you what I mean if you want.

The rear isn't completed yet, still have to put the wheels and tires on, paint the rear, and a few more additions. This should in turn change the look of the rear quite a bit. Have you seen pics of the rear on the Extreme site??

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean00
    The car looks great!! Good work!! But I must ask this question, why do the back of all the MR2 kits look wrong? The taillight panel and third brake light area is very different from the Ferrari. Also the back of the deck lid is shaped different. Is there some reason this is? Is it to diffcult to fit the real shape on to the MR2? Please do not take this the wrong way I am not bashing the MR2 kits at all. I really like them, there interiors look great right from Toyota and the removeable tops look awesome.

Thanks
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by AutoMX
    the 2nd gen MR2 (SW20/SW21) have a high rear, their shape is like a wedge (like a dragster) where the fiero and 355 are almost the same in the front and back.
    Here is a comparison of the Extreme 355 (top pic) vs a authentic (bottom pic)
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=main/...2320.jpg&s=f10

This one is better to compare:

Attached Images Attached Images