Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: look at this 355!

look at this 355!

I found a website that has a fiero 355 kit (ifg splash) built on a second generation MR2. Unbeleivable... I love the idea!! looks soooooo close!

This is not the "ISH" kit.. notice how the MR2 headlights have been brought froward.
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re: look at this 355!

where the hell did u find that? that is awesome!!!!!! but the sad thing is cant make it go like a fiero

well i think the suspension, handeling and power behind the 2nd generation MR2 is much better quality compared to the fiero. plus they can go like a bat out of hell too!

well a mr2 can go but u cant drop in a 3400 tdc or a v8
    a mr2 cannot keep up with a modded fiero

I agree but the stock features of an MR2 would make the project more cost effective as well as great performance on a budget.

Mind you some of the engine modifications done on imports theses days are extremely powerful as well.

Nice looking kit, but it might be a little difficult to get on this side of the Atlantic. The car is right hand drive. And the setting definitely has a European look.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Guys,

Here is the link. It's been there for more then a year.

http://www.geocities.com/kevinnester/page1

I was looking at this as well but I was told it is from the states and the company is no longer in business.

BTW It references the mirage kit in a link on the site.

P.S. I am in the process of putting together a reference library for us to build these car, so if any of you have any info you want to share for this let me know and I will send you some more info.
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Another issue which might come up is that unlike the Fiero, (as far as I know) the MR2 has a metal body, and removing metal body panels and replacing them with plastic can cause some problems with crash-saftey as well as grounding.

(Re: look at this 355!

I tried to email the owner of that car for more information but no luck. Right hand drive or left hand who cares it's gorgeous.

The refrence link in the article is actually for Warlock (ifg). Seeing those pics and articles sure take me back. I remeber the first time I seen that issue if Kit Car. I was so in love that I almost ruined the cover by drooling all over it *

I never thought about the replacement of metal panels with fibreglass. But i really dont think it would have and major issues other than making the car lighter. *DKOV any thoughts on this? ???

Hi the turbo MR2 puts out 200hp is in the 140 mph club, top speed 140 or better .
    A add for the MR2 in 1991 or 2 said it was quicker than a corvette in hilly curved road and if it was any slower it would be a Ferrari and they have T tops
    Gene